Noob Questions

Zio

Hi recently bought Spriter through Steam, I'm trying to figure out how to rigg I've two issues could you help with :

1. How do I link bones? I some times end up with blue lines connecting the wrong bones if I delete them and do it again it works better but bones are not linked.
2. Can I link bones to sprite parts so that everything stays rigged as it is I keep moving arms and legs out of their desired place by grabbing the limb rather than moving the arrow and trying to drag around the sprite.

3. Not really a problem but is it better to scale down images before or after spriter? I tend to make the parts large would this be an issue importing to a game engine? Should I scale before, in or after spriter?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Zio,

Have you gone through the built in manual? (help/help in Spriter's menu)

If you select a bone, then hone the B key and click an image or bone, the one you just clicked will become a child of the originally selected bone. If it was already a child, it will be detached from the originally selected bone.

Or the tutorial series on Youtube? 

cheers.
-Mike at BrashMonkey

• 2 weeks later...

best using a final scale on the project. So if you work double or quadruple size you can have more detail and scale down to fit your needs.

The best for testing is use default zoom on spriter then drag the images on the canvas and you should have the default size the images were saved into.