Appended events making crazy stuff happen

turosteel

I'm having an issue with appending event triggers. I appended a couple event triggers, one of which I appended with the same name in several frames. At each frame where it is called, I updated the same variables. After saving and re-opening Spriter, a couple of the sprite objects disappear and in their place in the hierarchy, the event triggers are listed in every frame, with empty objects on the actual animation. I am able to add the sprite objects back in, but can't delete the event triggers, and after saving and opening the program again, it reverts back to the same objects missing, the two event triggers now only listed in the hierarchy in the first frame, the previously unaffected sprite object has been cloned and both copies rotated 90 degrees. If I delete one of the two duplicate sprite objects, the remaining one returns to the correct angle. Also, in every file version I saved where the problems exist, whenever I attempt to open a spriter file, the program asks me if I want to save changes, even when I have not made any changes. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm at a loss.

I have Spriter Pro r5 on Steam. My computer specs are:

HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC

AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.50GHz

4GB Ram

64-bit OS, x64 based processor

Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 7)

I don't know that this should make any difference, but the project has been rescaled down to 35% and sprites have been cropped down to remove whitespace since they were initially added. The problems didn't happen until I cloned an animation with the event triggers and started adding values to the variables in the clone(which didn't carry over in the cloning)

@turosteel there was a bug fixed in the latest version of Spriter released after you made this post.
Please see if you still have the issue in the new version.  This will not fix any projects that were already corrupted. 

If you have important work that was corrupted and you don't have an earlier back up for, feel free to send me the project files to lucid@brashmonkey.com, and I will see if I can repair them