xScale stuck at 0

sebby300

Hello! So for my animation I wanted to change the xscale of some images, and due to tweening one of the frames has the image with an xscale of 0. I don't actually want that but whenever I change the scale it immediately reverts back to 0. Is there a logical reason for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi sebby300,

Thanks for reporting this. t's a confirmed bug.

There is a quick workarounds to avoid the problem as you work in the future:

1) Make key-frames between two other keys where something would otherwise arrive at a dimension of zero, just slightly off of perfect center between the previous and next keyframe.  This would not be noticeable to the human eye during playback, but would guarantee the keyframe doesn't have a problematic zero setting for either dimension of the object in question.

The only way I can think of to fix the Spriter project where you already have a key with a perfect 0 dimension for an object is to use a text editor on the scml file, find the value of zero for the dimension in the keyframe data, and change it to something like 0.001.  This would resolve the issue while not effecting the animation to the human eye.

I'd be happy to make this change for you. If you'd like me to, please email your entire Spriter project (zip up the Spriter project folder with all the images and the scml file included) to: mike@brashmonkey.com

sorry for the inconvenience.
-Mike at BrashMonkey