animation bug construct 2

frayt

Hi everyone, I'm actually using spriter free version with a construct 2 plugin. The problem is that when I export my animation on construct 2, one of them doesn't work.

1453739269-animation.png

here on the screen, the attack animation doesn't work on construct 2 when I triggered it. I create a new project on construct 2 where I just export this profil animation and it stil doesn't work, so the problem is not from construct 2.

So for test, I create another animation folder, another project on spriter and well that works.. you will say me yeah so I just have to recreate my first project animation spriter but, if the problem come again? why the hell it that do'esnt work? I'm really cursed I just don't understand why ...

Hi frayt,

Its hard to understand exactly what issue you're having and therefore hard to figure out the cause.. Did you add the attack animation AFTER initially importing the Spriter file to C2? If so, did you re-save the file as both an scml AND a scon file and re-import it into Construct2 so that the new animation would exist?

Are you sure you're using the exact same spelling and caps etc when you try to trigger the new animation by name in C2?

cheers.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

I checked exactly what you say many times. 

the problem is : 

entity1 : - animation 1 = works

-animation 2 = works

-animation 3 = doesn't work

entity2 : -animation 1 = works

-animatin 2 = works

-animation 3 = works

entitiy 1 = my initial project with the original animation

entitiy 2 = a project that a create to check out where is the problem

I used exact spelling  for all and the animation 3 of entity 1  still doesn't work. 

thank you for your help intention

I noticed that when I import a files thats does already exist on construct 2, construct says files is updated but the animation still don't. 

what I mean is that now, the animation 3 works. but when I update it, the updated animation doesn't work. still play the past animation...

okay that's really weird.when I start the animation on construct 2, the played animation is a past animation. but when I start the project on spriter, the animation is correct. look's like construct 2 don't make an update of the animation. I just don't uderstand why...

did you re-save in BOTH scml and scon before re-importing? If so, it should work. I and many other users update our Spriter objects with changed or new animations all the time and it works fine, so there must be some specific issue causing your update not to take effect. Hopefully we can figure it out.

cheers.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

Thanks for sending the files. 

I did the following:

1) open your Spriter project folder and made sure both your scon and scml had the attack animation. They did. they were perfectly fine.

2) Open your capx project in Construct 2

3) Go to layout 1 and then drag the .scml file from your Spriter project folder into the canvas of layout 1(this initiated re-import, CF2 warned me I already had a Spriter object of that name and asked if I should update.. I chose yes of course.)

4) I ran the layout and it worked perfectly, displaying the attack animation.

Is this how you were re-importing the updated Spriter file?

cheers.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

okay actually the problem was that I have to close my spriter project and then drag it to construct 2 to get it updated. Orthewise, when the spriter project is open and when I make modification without close it, (I save of course) and drag it,  the update doesn't work.