RPG heroes pack suggestions

mr.whisky

Agreed mr.whisky, but this opens a giant "can of worms".  Art packs in this perspective, and as pixel art, and with interchangeable costume segments require an absolutely massive amount of man-hours..as we can not rely simply on side view body parts being moved via bones.  The required new amount of hand pixel painted limb and body images for every new frame of animation is literally in the thousands... each image taking anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour to create, and any even remotely acceptable attack animation would need a bare minimum of 3 frames per angle.

I'll definitely explore the options and see if we can come up with some amount of battle related animation in the future, but it will likely become an entire separate but complete compatible art pack or ad-on.

I can tell you we are working on adding the "down" frame to the full version of the pack, which shows the sprite version of the character unconscious on the floor... apparently this can be used by default in RPG Maker MV to represent sleeping, unconscious or dead characters in the game. (as well as adding some additional facial features and hair styles, especially for the female character options.)

cheers.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

I continue to be impressed with what you've done and are doing w/ Spriter Pro and the associated resources.

Question re: RPG Heroes art pack

I have the essentials pack, and am willing to get the early adopters pack, esp. at the low price, but for some reason I can't seem to find an inventory of what's inside the paid pack so I can know what I'm getting in addition to the essentials pack.

Any info?

Thanks again.

UPDATE:  I did find others asking this same question.  I'm sure it's in your plans to list what's in each version of the pack.  Looking forward to it.

Thanks gmalone for the kind words.

We're still working on wrapping up the art pack so can't come up with a full inventory until its done, but the amount of actual possible character combinations is light-years beyond the Essentials version. The full version (once it's done) will also include an idle animation in all directions and an unconscious animation for characters that are dead or unconscious.. this is compatible with RPG Maker MV.

Once the pack is done we'll list the specific number variations for each component like headgear, torso, left, arm etc etc.

cheers,
Mike at BrashMonkey

Dude, you're great.  Thanks for the very useful info.  I'll purchase the early adopter pack and look forward to the evolution of the content.  Super pleased to hear that you'll address 4-directions in the animations.

Amazes me how you manage to keep your biz in balance... product development, user communications... that ain't easy by what seems like a one-man or small group effort.  Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the kind words and support. We're a 2 man business but collaborate with our publisher to some extent and contract outside help sometimes for things like additional Art Pack content, web site etc. We definitely have to wear many hats for many hours a day, but it's worth it to help empower people to make their projects a reality.

Cheers.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, BrashAdmin said:

Good Idea. I'll see what I can do, but it might take a couple weeks to get the chance to make a decent video.

cheers.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

That would be great! Something basic like a t-shirt or something similar would be good, I think. Just to give us an idea how to add a different piece of clothing.