Spriter R5 Bug Thread

lucid

• lucid pinned this topic

Spriter R5 64-bit doesn't save on Linux for me.  Overwrites the file, with no data.  Additionally the downloadable tar.gz is not a Tar file but a PKZip, so tar commands get confused.

Manual save and save new version only... auto-save weirdly makes a valid SCML on it's execution... dunno what to make of that.

Ubuntu MATE 15.10 64bit  (updated to latest kernel)

~ Edit

Gonna specify the save file fails /only/ if you don't identify an extension in the save box.  If you identify the file as test.scml  it works fine, otherwise it does not.

9 hours ago, maniczephyr said:

Spriter R5 64-bit doesn't save on Linux for me.  Overwrites the file, with no data.  Additionally the downloadable tar.gz is not a Tar file but a PKZip, so tar commands get confused.

Manual save and save new version only... auto-save weirdly makes a valid SCML on it's execution... dunno what to make of that.

Ubuntu MATE 15.10 64bit  (updated to latest kernel)

~ Edit

Gonna specify the save file fails /only/ if you don't identify an extension in the save box.  If you identify the file as test.scml  it works fine, otherwise it does not.

Thank you for finding this bug.  We will get a fix out soon, but probably not until this afternoon, or tomorrow morning.

2 hours ago, Ventos said:

Hi! Awesome news about R5, but for me...

Print

http://prntscr.com/9d87r1

I use win8.1. Everytime i start Spriter i get "stopworking". Do i need to show more info?

Sorry for the inconvenience.  We just tested on Windows 8 on our end, and it's working.
Please try disabling openGL with this registry entry : http://www.brashmonkeygames.com/spriter/fixes/SpriterDisableOpenGL.reg
If that fixes it, try updating your graphics driver.   And please let me know whether it fixes it or not.

Not really a bug but.. when ? 

If its too hard to do in current spriter versions then how about having S shaped curve as one of the options in this small menu  like on picture ? It will speed up workflow a lot.

Im not sure if its a bug but when im changing size of side panels width or timeline height then my character and axis jump to the center of the screen, its weird, cause i have to reposition him back to old location everytime i want to adjust panels size, which is waste of time.axis shouldnt jump like that.

Also child bones are still getting keyframes of their parents, everytime i want to adjust body bone and create keyframe for it then it creates keyframes for hip,knee,head,bicep,hand, feet bones ! Basically every bone that is a child of body bone will get this new keyframe, this screws up a lot of stuff and i have to remove  al the new keyframes, there's quite a lot of them, so as workaround i learned to move my body bone at the beginning so i wont need to do it later and remove all  useless keyframes again and again.In a lof of animation i have body keyframes on 0 and 200 but hands keyframes on 100 and 300, so when i move body bone again then hands will get new kefyframes as well, its irritating.IMO its a major bug, but if its a "feature" then how about switch to enable/disable child bones to get parent bones keyframes, and im not talking about bones only, skins assigned to bones will get keyframes of their bones as well if bones will be moved.Basically every object in spriter - bone,skin,sprite etc will get its parent keyframes if you will move its parent and create new keyframe.

What bothers me sometimes is that spriter doesnt remember previous settings, i mean if i have magnet and snapping selected and animate with it enabled then when i close spriter and run it again i expect it to remember it and still have magnet and snapping selected.

The same is with folders, a lot of times im starting from spriter folder when i want to create new animation, i keep most of my project in one folder and spriter should remember that, dont start 100th project from spriter folder if i just did 99 projects using other folder.

nGwDheb.png

Sorry for the inconvenience.  We just tested on Windows 8 on our end, and it's working.
Please try disabling openGL with this registry entry : http://www.brashmonkeygames.com/spriter/fixes/SpriterDisableOpenGL.reg
If that fixes it, try updating your graphics driver.   And please let me know whether it fixes it or not.

Thanks. It works now.

although no longer be able to use Skin ... but it's okay.

Hi Ventos,

I just tested on my system and skin mode still works fine. Can you explain better why you can't use skin? Can you no longer set "Drag new item as" to "skins (experimental)", or when you do drag one out and double click, do you not get the skin editing widgets?

Did you, perhaps, lose your registration of the Pro features? Under "help" in Spriter's menu, does it say "Activate Spriter pro" or does it say "Spriter Pro activated"?

Thanks.

I just tested on my system and skin mode still works fine. Can you explain better why you can't use skin?

As OpenGl disabled, skin mode can not be use. But, its ok because i dont want to use skin right now, buggy.

Did you try updating your graphics drivers...

Oh Lucid sorry! Yes i did the update driver card. But now... the error is other..

http://prntscr.com/9deovo

@Ventos so it works with opengl disabled, but gives that error when opengl is enabled?  

Also, what graphics card? It appears to be not a Spriter issue, but an ATI Driver problem with Windows 8.  There are quite a few potential solutions if you do a Google search for: "loadlibrary failed with error 87 the parameter is incorrect windows 8"

Please don't forget when posting bugs to mention the specific OS and general hardware specs you're running Spriter on, along with any other relevant details.

@ lorey, Which OS are you using Spriter on?

Also, this is certainly a bug, but I think it can be easily avoided (until a fix is made in an update build) by making sure nothing is selected in the canvas before exporting. Can you please verify that this does not happen if nothing is selected before you begin exporting the animation? 

cheers.

Hi,
Copy a Sprite from one entity to another doesn´t work sometimes, and  if fail and I push ctrl+z may destroy sprite position on animation or make all sprites dissapear. 
I had this bugs several times today.

It´s the Steam Version. I have Windows 8.1, I7-4702, 16gb Ram, Geforce GT750m, and my drivers are updated.

Could I go back to previous version until it works? I can´t work right now.

Thanks! 

System: Windows 7 Sp1 64bit

Graphic Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 660

Controler Version: 327.23

Spriter Pro Ver: R5 (last upload)

Bug: When I "Drag new item as Skins (experimental)" al seems to be ok, the new item have their sprite and their´s object properties, but when you double-click them, the sprite dissapears, the object properties turn empty and the image in the Z-order turns empty... If you move the "empty sprite" in the canvas, at the point "x0 y0" the entire "canvas screen" turns the same color like the "lost sprite", like this sprite was huge or something like thchoose files... Click to choose filesis. Sorry for the english.

Spriter R5 Rare Behavior.jpg

zoom out zoom in and it will be visible again, they wont fix it, this feature will be totally changed in the future so you have to live with it.You can read my previous posts about other common workarounds when working with this feature.

http://brashmonkey.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4457-troubleshooting-look-here-if-you-are-having-an-issue-with-spriter/&do=findComment&comment=14366

Hi RagaSonic,

Thanks for the bug report. I'll make sure Edgar (Spriter's programmer) sees it.  In general here's some feedback based on the video:

1) Be sure to trim all of the unneeded clear space out of images before exporting for Spriter. Having all that empty space will waste a lot of memory and drastically reduce performance.

2) You should double click an image in the file palette to set a default pivot point before using it so its more intuitive and easier to manage.

3) After changing an image, click the little green circle arrow icon toward the upper-right of the interface. This will reload/update your image in Spriter.

cheers.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

Graphic Card: Intel HD Graphics 4600

Controler Version:  10.18.14.4264

Spriter Pro Ver: R5 (last upload) But it's the same thing or some versions

Bugs:

- When you want to save in .scon if you first select the file to recover .scml name and then only if you select the format .scon Spriter does not take into account the change and records .scml

- Sometimes I do not know and reproduce easily. When you are doing "Control + z" to undo several changes. Spriter loses all animation keys of the current animation.

I note today the problems I encounter as they persist version to version.

To the right place! Thanks !

5 minutes ago, hieronims said:

Graphic Card: Intel HD Graphics 4600

Controler Version:  10.18.14.4264

Spriter Pro Ver: R5 (last upload) But it's the same thing or some versions

Bugs:

- When you want to save in .scon if you first select the file to recover .scml name and then only if you select the format .scon Spriter does not take into account the change and records .scml

- Sometimes I do not know and reproduce easily. When you are doing "Control + z" to undo several changes. Spriter loses all animation keys of the current animation.

I note today the problems I encounter as they persist version to version.

To the right place! Thanks !

Thanks very much for re-posting in this proper thread. I've brought the bugs you mentioned to Edgar's attention.

cheers.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

I noticed a bug in the Hierarchy view. Sometimes an sprite disappear after you change it's parent. When you change the position/rotation/scale it appears again.

Another bug, sometimes the width/height of the boxes added are negative in the scml file leading to unexpected behavior on some implementations of Spriter. 

• lucid unpinned this topic