Add a sword in my animation

hieronims

Ps: I also use Construct 2
I have an animation running, jumping, falls and for each I want to add a weapon that appears in the hand of the character. Then play a leading animation without it changes the current movie. I just want to move your arms and add them a sword.

Is it possible ? I started looking at the side of the character map, but I do not see how to use it in this sense ^^

thank you very much

Do you mean you want the sword there sometimes and sometimes not? I'd suggest you use a different set of animations, or different entity within the Spriter file with same named animations, but looking different. A character map can hide or show a sword, but people move differently when holding a sword or not.  Shy do you need to control the arm separately?

The only way I can think of doing this is to have the upper and lower body as separate Spriter objects and pin one to the other.. but there might be issues keeping them well synchronized, so only try this as a last resort.

I don't completely understand your request.  From this it looks like the character was animated so it works with any weapon or no weapon and the weapon is either changed or hidden. This would be easy with Spriter and character maps.

If you want the sword visibly sheathed on the character's hip when not in use, and in the hand when in use, then you would put the sheathed version in all the animations too, and just hide that one when the character has it in their hand, and vise-versa.

Does that make sense?

Hey hey, not easy to be understood and to understand the other in the case of animations, then sometimes ^^

I set my current gif animations on trying. As you can see, the sword is in the luff. He then takes the character takes the sword and it hits the legs while animation remains the same.

My animation market has 6 key frames. Imagine that the attack lasts two key time frames. I think to 5 attack animations which will start at frame 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 and 5. So when the next strike will happen, I would launch the attack animation that best or leg movement. And then I would resume after the attack animation mache + 2 key frames.

The animations will attack so much the legs moving as in the walking animation. But may take up the sword and hit him.

What think you?

Anime_GD.gif

It's a little hard to understand, but I think you want the character to be able to swing the sword at any point during a walk without interrupting the legs walk cycle. I understand why you think this would be good, but I  personally recommend against it. It's a lot of extra work and it just makes your animations look far less natural. Anyone who would swing a sword to truly attack something would definitely change their entire posture and foot position throughout the swing, they would NOT causally keep walking with their legs. I recommend you make the swing animations legs and footing look good while either dashing forward or being still.

If you really want the legs remain completely oblivious to the upper body and intent of the player, then you'd have to split your character into two Spriter objects...the lower body and the upper body, and anchor one to the other.. I'm not positive how well this would work and guaranty you for a sword swinging character you'll have spent lots of extra work just to have a game  that looks far less dynamic and which looks much more stiff.

Anime2.gif

Thank you and thank you for your reply ^^

I have a lot of difficulty because I'm not host character video game. So thank you very much for taking the time to understand me and explain.

I think I understand everything now, and I know through your messages possibilities and impossibilities of animation with Spriter software.

What I miss is the animation experience, that's why I seek and I test different ways of doing things.

Indeed, it would make more sense to ensure that the character stops to hit, then I can make a more accurate animation behavior must have a character that attack.

But I have said than their present, I would be incapable, since I lack much knowledge. And I tired a little bit (that's two months I'm on the animation and the creation of a single character ...)

So I left for the time in the animation as gif I show you and come back to you a few times. After reworked other aspects of the game: level design, graphics etc.

To stay motivated, you have varied activities on her game.

Thank you very much again and see you soon ^^

Hieronims

I think Mike got reason (if I understood well what you want). You could just use an animation for the walking/running alone without the sword, and then, when you in game press a key (for example) then switch fast to the sword animation and when it finishes put back the run/walk again, it wont be too noticeable and more natural than trying to sync everything.

Cheers.

I think you could add extension to the body movement. When a person holds tight a weapon there is indeed some action involved.

In resume, I would open the legs and arms holding the sword and retreat the body a bit backwards and make the animation have a bit of impulse on the body, because the sword have a weight and the action should show some strenght from the hero.