Printable PDF Manual

Raybrite

I am trying to find a manual that I can either buy or print out on my printer.

So far all I have found is one that must be read on the computer. This doesn't help much when I only have one screen and must be working on Spriter while I am looking for information on how to do something.

The one that you are making online is fine but you must be online to read it. I really don't carry my computer to bed with me to read at night or when I am going somewhere and will be waiting for a long time.

I hope you understand that what you are doing is great. I am just frustrated with trying to learn the software and make some sprites for a game but cannot figure out how to do it.

Thanks

Ken

Frustration.

I tried to go p[age by page with the help manual to get myself a hard copy so I wouldn't have to interrupt what I am doing to find out what I am doing wrong but to no avail.

It seems that I cannot copy page by page to a writer program to then print it out.

Why are you so intent on keeping the operation of Spriter a secret and making us gop through hoops to learn the program. I can get a manual for the other programs I have and may even just use the animation section of Krita to make my sprites.

All I wanted was a simple document that I could hold in my hands and read while working on the computer but that seems to be too much. I have to sit in front of the computer and read that screen if I am going to use your program.

23 hours ago, Raybrite said:

Frustration.

I tried to go p[age by page with the help manual to get myself a hard copy so I wouldn't have to interrupt what I am doing to find out what I am doing wrong but to no avail.

It seems that I cannot copy page by page to a writer program to then print it out.

Why are you so intent on keeping the operation of Spriter a secret and making us gop through hoops to learn the program. I can get a manual for the other programs I have and may even just use the animation section of Krita to make my sprites.

All I wanted was a simple document that I could hold in my hands and read while working on the computer but that seems to be too much. I have to sit in front of the computer and read that screen if I am going to use your program.

it is not a plot to not let you learn about Spriter. Almost everyone use it while they work with Spriter. It is just a matter of alt tabbing to the guide, which is no big deal. Personally I think you are making too much of it. 

There is also a variety of very good videos that Mike has uploaded to youtube, I got used those to learn Spriter. Overall, if you are serious about doing art, you need a second screen  (monitor or a tablet). 

2 hours ago, Raybrite said:

Personally I don't think you should assume too much.

I have been trying to get Spriter to work for a few weeks and I am not at the computer with Spriter when I have the time to push tab buttons.

A few weeks? So you don`t have the time to look at tutorials when you are at your PC trying to get Spriter to work?! You just fire up Spriter trying random stuff to somehow learn to use it?

I really don't want to argue.

I bought this program just likecI have many others. I have manuals on the others that I have printed out and use. Some of them were made by piecing the help files together. This is one program that seems to have made that impossible to do.

I am probably much older than you and my hearing is not what it used to be so many tutorials do not work for me.

Hi, Raybrite. The online help is actually a set of more-or-less standard HTML documents being displayed in an embedded browser control. The files themselves are located in your Spriter installation folder under the "docs" folder. You should be able to open and print them with any browser, or even cut/paste them together into any shape and size you want. I will warn you, though: they were made using a "WYSIWYG" editor, so don't expect them to be easy to edit...

Don't forget that you can also press Shift+Esc to toggle the keyboard shortcuts list window. If you want to print that list, you should use this forum post (although I'm not sure it's still accurate or complete, so YMMV).

I hope that helps.

Hi Raybrite,

Sorry, I could have swore I responded to you a week or more ago. As RunnerPack mentioned, if you open the online manual into Google Chrome browser, choose print and then set margins to none and color to black and white it looks like it will do a decent job printing without much wasted ink.

http://www.brashmonkey.com/spriter_manual/index.htm

cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...