Spriter Built-in paint tool / editor?

Itameio

Does spriter has a built in editor? a paint tool which i did not notice?, i find it bothersome that i have to draw the parts for my sprite in an external editor, export then import them to spriter, and since i'm a new user, i thought maybe i'm missing something?. . . 

can one create his sprites inside the program itself then animate them?, or is the only way by importing them?, if so, then can you suggest a fast process of doing that?, what process do you go through personally?, what steps do you go through to make your final animated sprite?.

Spriter does not offer any painting features, and though it might in the future, definitely not any time soon, and even if/when it appears, the features will be very basic in order to sketch out needed parts.

It would be a mistake for us to take focus away from making the best modular animation features to try to also compete with the incredibly good (and free in some cases) digital image creation/editing software... No matter how much time we'd spend on the painting tools, it would be drastically inferior for painting compared to excellent and free programs like Krita, and at the cost of a much slower development for the actual animation features.

We will however do our best as often as possible to improve the work-flow between any given painting tool and Spriter.

I hope that makes sense.

Cheers.

PS. If you have not yet done so, check out Krita! ;)

https://krita.org/

In an ideal world without such considerations as cost and time for small software makers like ourselves, direct and robust image editing directly within Spriter would be more convenient than the need to edit them externally. At the very least, as I said, we'll be improving the work flow chain and plan to eventually add a basic drawing tool— not for perfecting parts, but for quickly sketching out the parts you need right in Spriter so you know its the exact shape and size you need. (Then you can perfect it in your art package of choice). This will also be great for making those quick edits that are often needed to perfect how well two body parts meet at a joint, etc.

It's by no means an irrational or lazy request... it's just not feasible within our budget, and – no matter what budget or manpower is involved – would drastically slow down our animation features development simply to create some of the features that are already and forever better done in dedicated  painting software.

Adding features like this opens the door to a never-ending chain of requests, like "why only a simple brush tool, why not feature X,Y, and Z, too?" and then "Vector is better, you should add a vector editor" etc.  ;)

Cheers

• 4 years later...

spriter not provide paint tool , you can use the free, open souce,and very powerful Tool Krita , 

Its my personal favorite and in my opinion the best. The developers are hardworking knowledgeable individuals and in some aspects this software is even better than photoshop. This program was designed with 100% of painters in mind. It’s been used by profesional artist as a serious alternative for photoshop and it has every tool you could possibly need and even more!

The tool offers nine unique brush engines, including a Color Smudge engine, Shape engine and Particle engine. You can also import brushes and texture packs or create and share your own. As an added bonus, you can use a brush stabiliser to help get those perfectly smooth lines every time.
I'm use Krita with my Artist 12 pro de XP-Pen  ( https://www.xp-pen.com )  drawing tablet,  and it works great, no issues.