Change pivot point without changing the sprite's location

sebby300

Hey! I'm wondering if anyone knows how to change the pivot point of an image in all animations without changing where it appears on screen? If this feature doesn't exist it might be a good thing to implement as an option; simply compensate for the number of pixels the pivot point has shifted.

As it stands, I have a ton of animations and I need to change the pivot points of nearly all of my images: having to manually reset their positions is not only time consuming, but pretty confusing. If anyone knows how to change the pivot points without changing the location the images appear to be in, please let me know. Thanks!

Hi sebby300,

Were you not setting and using the DEFAULT pivot points for your images? If you double click on an image in the files palette a dialogue will appear to set the default pivot point of that image... If after creating animations you double click that image again in the files palette and change the default pivot point, all occurrences of that image in the compute and reposition to compensate for the change in default pivot point..meaning even though you changed the default pivot point, the images wont appear to have been moved. This sound like the behavior you want.

cheers.

I think I discovered the problem: I was viewing the sprites with a character map over top. I only changed the pivot points on the original sprites, so the character mapped sprites had different pivot points. Thanks for the help, I just need to go in and change all the mapped images too.

Thanks!

Okay so I've determined that none of the actual angles of the sprites or the bones change (the angle value stays the same) when I change the sprite pivot points, but the angle appears to change slightly. This is really noticeable for me because I'm using low resolution pixel art. I can't think of a way to fix this problem, please let me know if you come up with any solutions!

Thanks!