Spriter Crashes When I Do This...

Beocro

Hey, I'm back. This time, Spriter is crashing on me. Here's what's happening: My animation plays fine at first, but when I change around the rotation and position of one sprite and try to run it again, I'm unable to stop it from playing and the program stops responding and crashes. This has happened consistently five times now, and only when I try to press the pause button (while it's playing).

Here's a .gif if you need a visual:

PoUqJtJ.gif

When the cursor goes into the timer sprite, that's when it crashes. It would be great if this could be fixed so I can finish this animation. (good luck finding the problem...)

Hi Beocro,

Does this only happen with a specific animation or any time you rotate an image and try to play? Could you please zip up your Spriter project (the entire folder with the scml file and all the images it uses) and email it to mike@brashmonkey.com for me to see if there's some kind if issue with the file itself?

Thanks.

Hi again Beocro,

Thanks for sending the file.  So far I'm unable to recreate your lock-up issue.. I can add as many new keyframes, rotating, positioning and scaling the arrow images as needed. playback always works and stops/pauses as expected... of course, I'm on a Windows 10 system, so this might be an OS specific issue, which could make things really difficult to pinpoint and fix...

Also, the video you recorded is a bit hard to follow in GIF format, as its hard to tell when it starts and stops, and there's no sound or voice narration explaining what's being done etc... but I don't see you doing anything out of the ordinary... I tried doing the same, as I said, but can not get the issue to occur.

Could you maybe record a smoother, narrated video and send/post it here? Maybe we'll catch some detail I'm missing that is causing the crash.

Or, could you try loading your Spriter project on another PC running windows 8 or 10 to see if you can still recreate the crash?

Thanks.

PS. It's also possible that the up-coming update build might accidentally fix the issue, as it will be made with the latest version of QT, but there's no guarantee, and we don't know how soon the update build will be released.