A Small Piece Is Doing the Wobblies

Beocro

Hello! I've been trying to use Spriter Pro for my game, and I have character maps for the player's eye. I've set the eye as a child of the head bone, but it still wobbles around when the bone moves.

Like this:

DrearyOrangeFirefly.gif

Is there a way to "pin" the eye to the head, so it sort of acts as one image? Is there anything I can do here at all?

Your issue is that the head is moving independently from the bone... the bone wobbles, therefore the eye wobbles, because its a child of the bone.. Either the head is NOT a child of the same bone, or it is, but you moved it directly on several keys as opposed to just its bone...

Make sure the head and eye image are children of the bone on all key frames and that they never move independently of their bone.

Fix the alignment of both images – relative to the bone – on the first keyframe (0 in the timeline) and then select both in the canvas. Press Control+C to copy, then Control+Shift+V to paste their position relative to the bone to all key frames. This will insure they are both slaves to the bone and can't wobble independently.

Cheers.

Your issue is that the head is moving independently from the bone

Thanks for the reply, but actually, it's not. The head, hair, and eye are all children of the bone. That's why I'm confused.  :???: I never move the head or eye independently, either.

Apparently I unintentionally did some weird stuff with the hierarchy. The eye was sometimes moving independently. My mistake. ^-^"