Spriter and GameMaker

fetito666

Hi fetito666,

While we can't promise how soon full Spriter support will appear for Game Maker Studio, we can say it's a high priority... in roughly 2.5 weeks we'll be releasing our fully featured reference implementation in C++. This should make it very fast for any strong developer to port full Spriter support to any other language or authoring system, and we'll be doing everything we can to help make sure it does get ported for Game Maker Studio ASAP.

How soon it happens (after 2.5 weeks from now, once the reference implementation is finished) will depend entirely on which developer/programmer happens to collaborate with us to create it, and how quickly they can get it done. Work wise it should literally be possible in a matter of days (after the reference implementation is released) but as I said, we won't know the exact time scale until its happening.

cheers.

Hi fetito666,

While we can't promise how soon full Spriter support will appear for Game Maker Studio, we can say it's a high priority... in roughly 2.5 weeks we'll be releasing our fully featured reference implementation in C++. This should make it very fast for any strong developer to port full Spriter support to any other language or authoring system, and we'll be doing everything we can to help make sure it does get ported for Game Maker Studio ASAP.

How soon it happens (after 2.5 weeks from now, once the reference implementation is finished) will depend entirely on which developer/programmer happens to collaborate with us to create it, and how quickly they can get it done. Work wise it should literally be possible in a matter of days (after the reference implementation is released) but as I said, we won't know the exact time scale until its happening.

cheers.

Cant you ask the Game Maker guys to help you with it? I think they would be happy too!

• 3 months later...

Hi there...

I don't have any real problem from Spriter to GMS...

GMS recognize GIF frames or PNG strips. The only little trick is to add alpha channel to GIF after GMS import, or rotate PNG and add _stripXX (XX is the number of frame) at the end of the file's name, then rotate it once imported into GMS. It's quite easy. I think Spriter only makes vertical strips, adding horizontal strip may be the only little thing to improve through my eyes... Hope this could help !

knarf

Hi franck.jude@free.fr

Thanks for sharing the tips for importing spritesheets or gifs into GMS, but there's a big difference between that and true Spriter support inside a game engine or authoring system. Tweening, real-time image swapping for custom outfits, new weapons, sound effect triggering, variable changing, collision boxes etc... as well as the potentially massive memory/file-size savings.

Here's how it looks in Construct2: