MAC'S TROUBLE

LORDECROOWEL

So...hi everyone, this is my first time here and unfortunately I have a problem (hehe). But it's ok, it's normal, Spriter is very Young, so it has a lot to improve and grow, but first of all I'd like to say this software is amazing!! It will help me a lot.

Ok, let's talk about the problem. Now I'm using the new Yosemite's version (the bright new one, 10.10.5) and when I try to drag a Sprite to the middle of the background, nothing happens, the background just stay black and is not possible to visualize anything. I tried to change the color in "View", but it doesn't works. I think the problem is in the Mac's version, because I'm using in my PC, and it's working very well.

:)

Hi LORDECROOWEL,

This sounds like a known compatibility issue for some Mac users.  If you choose "View/Disable Open GL" in Spriter's menu and then restart Spriter and it should resolve the matter.

We'll be working on fixing the actual compatibility issue and improving general performance with future free updates.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am reacting on this post. Early backer of Spriter but late user, I just started to use it. 

I must say that although the soft is really great on PC (I would like to congrat the authors for this fantastic tool), on Mac it's really a disaster in terms of user interface reactivity and performances. It should not be distributed in my opinion: too much to fix. In its current state it's impossible to use it on Mac in a professional way. When you animate it's really important to work and edit fast and preview your animation at a descent pace, close to the final use.

FYI, I own a Mac Book Pro, 2,4 ghz, Intel Core i7, 16go, Nvidia GT 650m. No matter if I disable the Open GL mode, when I use Spriter on my 6 years old crappy PC, it works ten times smoother and faster than on my Mac (actually the perfs are great even on this old PC). So there is really a gap here I think.

Do you have any plans to improve the Mac version significantly ? 

Hi Andyalias,

At this very moment Edgar (Spriter's programmer) is working on a new update build which uses the new version of QT (the development platform). We're hoping this will alleviate many or most of the compatibility/performance issues. Please keep an eye out on these forums for news once its released to the public for testing.

cheers.