Color Transition Animation

gladiusmore

Hello All,

I wanted to ask if we can animate color transition in Spriter. Is that possible in spriter, are there any tutorials about this? Maybe changing the color on the spriter, or providing 2 different images.

For example : i have red gem sprite and blue gem sprite. Can i animate the color transition from red to blue, smoothly ?

I am sorry if there's any tutorial or topic related about this in this forum.
Thank you for the chance. :D

If your game engine allows drawing sprites with different colors, you could use the "tags" system in Spriter (Pro?) to engineer a custom solution, but you wouldn't be able to preview the result in Spriter itself. For simple things, I immediately thought of the "stacked images and alpha blending" idea that Mike mentioned. Sub-entities would make this idea fairly easy to manage, too.

If it's just one image per color its pretty easy having one image over the other and then animate toe opacity of the image on top.

If it's complicated characters made of many images there's no built in feature for that.

Cheers.

Ah ! Thank you sir, suddenly thought that this is a brilliant idea. Thank you very much. It looks cool after i tried it.

If your game engine allows drawing sprites with different colors, you could use the "tags" system in Spriter (Pro?) to engineer a custom solution, but you wouldn't be able to preview the result in Spriter itself. For simple things, I immediately thought of the "stacked images and alpha blending" idea that Mike mentioned. Sub-entities would make this idea fairly easy to manage, too.

Thank you sir, i didn't even think the idea of stacked images and the alpha blending until you guys told me, thank you.