My very first animated sprite...ever.

Self_Taught_Idiot

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some more that I did a few days ago. The third one is my attempt at a better idle animation. Of course, I am still in the rough stages and any feedback is most appreciated. I am loving this program btw. I plan on getting Pro once I save the dinero.

iVwjIWD.gif                            vy6uzZo.gif                                   keIyw7b.gif    

Here are some more that I did a few days ago. The third one is my attempt at a better idle animation. Of course, I am still in the rough stages and any feedback is most appreciated. I am loving this program btw. I plan on getting Pro once I save the dinero.

iVwjIWD.gif                            vy6uzZo.gif                                   keIyw7b.gif    

Good efforts, some suggestions:

Your character seems to be jumping around (his legs are not on the ground at all times) especially for the middle pose. I suggest you lock the feet down to the ground using IK. I can understand what you are going for, small hops on both feet, but without the legs bending a bit it looks weird. If you are doing the same pose you would need to bend your knees a bit, do the hop and land, rinse and repeat. 

The same goes for your first kick animation, the right feet needs to stay in place during the kick and not move. Also, move the head a bit less, right now it looks like a bubble head!

Sorry for being so critical!

Lol no it's fine. I need it to get better. OK I'll tweak them a bit. Especially since the kick animation is actually supposed to be an angry stomp haha

Good efforts, some suggestions:

Your character seems to be jumping around (his legs are not on the ground at all times) especially for the middle pose. I suggest you lock the feet down to the ground using IK. I can understand what you are going for, small hops on both feet, but without the legs bending a bit it looks weird. If you are doing the same pose you would need to bend your knees a bit, do the hop and land, rinse and repeat. 

The same goes for your first kick animation, the right feet needs to stay in place during the kick and not move. Also, move the head a bit less, right now it looks like a bubble head!

Sorry for being so critical!

Update:

It seems that because I have the free version, I can't anchor with IK (unless I am mistaken, which is likely haha) But I will keep messing around to improve. Don't worry about being too critical! This is my first time ever doing this stuff so all the criticism is needed =) 

As long as it's more than "Ayy your sprite sucks lmao" I'm good. Cheers!

Update:

It seems that because I have the free version, I can't anchor with IK (unless I am mistaken, which is likely haha) But I will keep messing around to improve. Don't worry about being too critical! This is my first time ever doing this stuff so all the criticism is needed =) 

As long as it's more than "Ayy your sprite sucks lmao" I'm good. Cheers!

Yeah that is true I am afraid...but you can design around it. go back and forth between two frames and try  to position the feet on the correct location.