my subentities aren't showing up in construct2

adamcreator

are subentities supposed to show up in construct2 yet? the scenes i have that utilize subentities for the characters don't have the characters appear. i'm using the latest spriter, construct2, and plugin. subentities are a huge part of my process in spriter, since it enormously speeds up and eases the control i have over each character during cut scenes to be able to switch up and control each character's animations at any time, so if this aspect of the feature isn't complete yet, could it be handled soon? not to sound pushy, of course! if this feature hasn't yet been implemented, i'm guessing it requires a plugin update, specifically, since subentities seem to work great in spriter itself. if it is supposed to work already, is there anything i don't know or am doing wrong? thanks!

No. Sub-entities are not yet supported in any Spriter implementation. Unfortunately we don't have any accurate estimate for how soon we can get around to adding it.  We definitely will as soon as we can, but the general Spriter reference implementation much be finished first and is long overdue.

As soon as the reference implementation is done we'll catch up on these sorts of issues as soon as we can.

Thanks for your patience.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...