Frames wont extract/Create sprite sheet

cturner26

Hello , 

I am new to Spriter ( Thank you humble bundle! )

Everything has been working fine , but today for some reason when I go to extract my animations to a sprite sheet it shows it creating the sheet like normal loads all the frames etc yada yada yada...but then the file/sprite sheet is not created. I have double checked my destination path and tried multiple names , I also typed .PNG at the end myself just in case. 

Any idea what would cause this or am I doing something wrong? 

Thank you! 

Hi cturner26 and welcome to Spriter.

Would you happen to know roughly how big in pixel dimensions each frame would be, and then in turn how many frames are you trying to add to the sprite-sheet?

Meaning, if each frame would be very large, and you're exporting lots of frames, you might just be asking for Spriter to generate an image so large it can't handle the export.. just a guess.

Could you maybe post a screen grab of the settings you're using for the export?

Thanks.
-Mike at BrashMonkey

Hi again,

I see you're exporting at over 60 fps.  This is extremely high for sprite-animated games.. Movies typically display at 24 fps and the average number of frames for a sprite based classic game characters walk cycle is between 8 and 12 total frames.

Is there a reason you're exporting at such a high FPS?

It seems likely this is the reason one animation won't successfully export yet the others did. Is this animation longer? How big would the resulting sprite-sheet need to be to fit all the individual frames? My best guess is its a longer animation or has bigger frames (pixel dimensions required to fit the full frames) and is basically beyond Spriter's threshold/technical limitations.

Does this sound like it might be the case?  Will it export successfully if you bring down the FPS to 12 or 24 FPS, or a specific number of total frames instead?

Also, how big would each resulting frame need to be? Do you have sprites moving from one side of the screen to the other over the course of the animation etc?

thanks.
-Mike at BrashMonkey