Can only open spriter once...

clover_lawn

Hi. 

I've been having this problem since the previous update and the current one (Spriter_r4_1). 

I can open and work normally with it, but if I close it, or crashes, or change project, then I can't open the software again. For it to re open I have to restart the computer and I find very unpractical. 

On Windows task manager the process appears (more than once if I try to open it multiple times) but even ending the process (or process tree) I still can't open it. 

Am I doing something wrong? 

Hi clover_lawn

Please be sure to mention the OS version and general hardware specs when reporting any bug, especially ones like this which are not feature-based.

If you are running on Windows, have you tried running task manager and seeing if its still running in there, then end task? Maybe this can help you avoid the need for a full reset until we can figure out the cause and fix it.

Thanks.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

Wow. Sorry I missed both points.  I should take that as a lesson to not try and read and respond to things when too tired to see straight.  Is there any info you can think of that might be useful to add? I run Spriter nearly daily on my Windows 8 system and haven't seen this issue. I wonder what the difference is.  It will likely be much easier for Edgar to fix once we can reproduce this issue on our end.

Which specific version/build of Windows are you using? Are you using the Steam or non-Steam version of Spriter? Where do you have Spriter installed?

Thanks for taking the time to report and help zero in on the issue. Sorry again for somehow completely missing nearly half of what you typed.

Cheers.
-Mike at BrashMonkey

:) don't worry, we all do funny work when tired lol 

I work on a Windows 7 professional version. It's a non-steam version of spriter (4.1) and I saved it on the default location (C:\Program Files (x86). I also won't open if I try 'Run as administrator'. Is that of any help?

I was hoping with the installation of the new update this would stop happening in case the previous version wasn't installed properly, but nothing :( 

Thanks for the help

We think there was one other person who reported this or a very similar issue a while back.  We're trying to find this person again so we can hopefully compare your system set-ups, OS's etc and hopefully find the common denominator.

Thanks for your patience.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Cheers.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

Hi, I have a similar issue on Steam. It's only doing that from 2 days, don't know why.

=> Open Spriter on Steam, Close Spriter, and then when I try to open it again from Steam, Steam says that Spriter is already opened.

(but I can still open Spriter directly without Steam, but to open it again from Steam I have to restart Steam).