Stacking Character Maps

Adrian

Hello!

I am currently trying to stack character maps so that I can show my animated character with a Headband, as well as without. I am unsure of how to do this, as the image I would be replacing in the char map is the characters head, and I obviously don't want to do that, I just want to overlay the Headband image ontop of the characters head. So I tried using 2 Separate character maps, but this did not work.

Does anyone know how to do this?

If I understand your requirements correctly, you should be able to make the character with the headband on, then create a character map using the "Set hidden" flag for the headband. Once you place that character map onto them, it should remove it giving you both options.

From how I've seen it work, you have to create your animations with "everything on", then use character maps to swap/hide/ignore as needed. I don't believe there is a way to add a new sprite through character maps that was not already assigned to them; although I would love to see that as a feature if possible. If I'm wrong though, would love to know how it's done.

Thanks. Yes, that was the alternative. However it means I have to go back and update all my animations (with the Headband on)... then in the future when I add new helmets it will be as simple as replacing the Headband image. Anyway, thanks again!