Reference Implementation Status Update (10/18/2015)

lucid

It is great to see a running version!

I am trying to make a decision between SPRITER and SPINE.   So far I prefer the simpler UI of SPRITER.

Since you have code running, could you start supplying code drops,  or make the code available on GIT or Subversion so that I can start the engine implementation process ASAP ?

Thanks,.

Quick question here:

Will this implementation be compatible with the mesh deformations (skin feature)?

The current mesh deformation is just a proof of concept. This implementation will form the framework for future Spriter versions, and includes a lot of groundwork that will be used for the full mesh deformation feature. Because of this, it will be trivial to update the reference implementation and and all ports with mesh deformation once it's complete in Spriter.

The current mesh deformation is just a proof of concept. This implementation will form the framework for future Spriter versions, and includes a lot of groundwork that will be used for the full mesh deformation feature. Because of this, it will be trivial to update the reference implementation and and all ports with mesh deformation once it's complete in Spriter.

Nice to hear, thanks a lot :)

Spriter is a very intuitive and complete software, the only important thing it's missing is this reference implementation.

Thank you again for your great work.

original post edited with 8/30 update

Very cool to see this progressing.

What's up on that video?  :huh:

(update 8/30/2015) Hello everyone. I apologize there's no video yet. I've been making excellent progress, (reflected in the percentage updates) but unfortunately not in areas that would lend itself to showing anything new on-screen yet. I regret promising a video because prioritizing areas of the implementation that would get something new on-screen would side-track me from the most direct path to completion. Thanks for your patience.

Hi aiat_gamer,

The categories and percentages represent what's required to cover full and flexible support for all of Spriter's current features, plus some additional improvements we can't go into detail about, ATM. They do not completely cover the deform feature – though they do cover the important foundation for it – however, as soon as the percentages are all near 100 and we're ready for full testing, Edgar will switch his focus to the deform feature. It will be our main focus and will have a similar thread (with frequent updates) dedicated to it. Our goal will be to get it ready for public testing and feedback as soon as possible after the reference implementation is out.

More information about all this will be coming soon in another news update. Sorry for being more ambiguous than we'd like.

Cheers.

• lucid unpinned this topic