Quick Question on whether something is allowed or not

Hey there!  First off, I am relatively new to Spriter and loving it!

I purchased all the asset packs when I purchased Spriter Pro and just had a question about whether something was allowed or not (I'm thinking not but I want to be sure).

I wanted the art packs so I could put together some fast prototypes without having to worry about taking the time to do the art myself and it has been fantastic.  With my current project, I am actually using the animations but I have created my own 'parts' to make my own assets.  I am exporting to sprites and NOT using the actual animation data (as I am using GameMaker and it can't currently use those).  For example, this zombie is a reskinned version of the "Wonky Skeleton".  It uses the same animations as the Wonky Skeleton but looks much different.

JifReMv.png

After all that, my actual question is... Can I share my exported sprites as a free resource (or maybe even a $.99 asset or something) when I 'release' the game?  Obviously I would not share the actual files that Spriter uses, just the generated sprites.  

I'm thinking not, since I did not create the actual animations myself but I figured I would ask since I would only be sharing the resulting sprites and not the actual Spriter files.

Thanks!

Edoc'sil

Hi Edoc'sil,

Your guess is right.. The creation of the actual animations represents more than half of the work required to create the art packs in the first place.  If you reskin' and export animations created by someone else. You'd need there permission to do so..typically working out a deal to split any revenue.

This is especially true with art packs, because every variant sold by someone else is direct or indirect competition for the original animator's product.

In this case, you'd need to work something out with Brashmonkey.  Feel free to email mail@brashmonkey to discuss this further.

Cheers,
Mike at BrashMonkey