Spriter keeps screen crashing on Macbook Pro

solloman

Spriter keeps crashing everytime I start a new project or open a project...

I have the Pro version, but it stills does the same ....  Help?! 

Heres a link to the screenshot:

http://imgur.com/HP2MIFT

My system settings:

OS X Yosemite

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009)

Processor:   2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Due

Memory - 5GB 1067 Mhz DDR3

Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Hi,

I've the same problem. (with Yosemite and it was the same on Lion)

To solve it, i just create a new project, drag'n drop a bodypart in the center window (that is invisible...), and i save the project.

After that, i close Spriter, that sometimes crash, and i re-open it, then i open the project, and it works.

Have you tried disabling OpenGL and restarting Spriter? From Spriter's menu, choose View/Disable Open GL

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please let me know.

Also, be sure to try free versions of software before purchasing the versions, as there might be compatibility issues and may not be simple solutions like this every time.

Cheers,
Mike at BrashMonkey

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, 

first and most important: thank you for the Spriter Pro. It's really amazing thing. :)

But here comes the sad part. I'm on OSX too, and experiencing the crashes, and the big big slow down. If I disable the opengl mode, then it's way slower (also the app starts flickering) so it doesn't helping me. 
I know that there is much much work, but when will be a new release, that hopefully solves these issues? 

Edit 1: Oh and btw: Macbook Pro mid 2010 here

Edit 2: If I'm right, the problem is the overall rendering performance in the UI. I've noticed that the steam overlay is slow too in the program. 

Edit 3: If I close the tool windows while playing the animation, I get a close to normal FPS. 

Edited by cbabos

Thanks for that useful info cababos,

I've only heard of flickering from one other Spriter user before, and it turned out it was actually because they were using a track-ball and for some-reason that was not really compatible with Spriter. Are you using some form of less common or specialized input device like a wacom tablet or trackball etc?

cheers.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

• 3 weeks later...

Right, it is turning OFF OpenGL that fixes this issue for people affected by it, not the other way around. Please DISABLE OpenGL and then restart Spriter. Hopefully this graphical problem will not appear.

We're still working on figuring out why this is affecting some Mac users. We'll try to improve compatibility with future free update builds.

Thanks very much for your patience, everyone.

Cheers,
Mike at BrashMonkey