Cloning Animations between Entities

SymboliC

Hi,

I've just cloned an "Idle" animation in an Entity... But when I try to drag and drop that cloned animation under another entity, it doesn't allow me...

So what I do is, I clone a whole entity and delete the unneeded animations leaving only the animation I want to be cloned from the other entity.

Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?...

Thanks,

Also,

what is the best way to change the properties (especially XY scale) of an animation as a whole instead of editing its frames one by one?...

Most of the times I need this function...

All my efforts are for creating proper character maps but the pilot animations/images are 2 times bigger than now-intended animations.

Thanks,

I just tried dragging animations around in the hierarchy, and I got some very odd behavior... I think your "clone entity and delete unwanted animations" idea is the way to go, for now.

If you want to resize the entire document, including all animations and all entities, you can use File->Other file actions...->Save as Resized Project (and images), and if you want to resize a single animation, you can click the little "..." button next to the "Clone animation" button, and make a scaled (and/or rotated) clone of the current animation.

If you really want to get the most out of Spriter, I highly recommend watching all of the Spriter tutorial videos.

I just tried dragging animations around in the hierarchy, and I got some very odd behavior... I think your "clone entity and delete unwanted animations" idea is the way to go, for now.

If you want to resize the entire document, including all animations and all entities, you can use File->Other file actions...->Save as Resized Project (and images), and if you want to resize a single animation, you can click the little "..." button next to the "Clone animation" button, and make a scaled (and/or rotated) clone of the current animation.

If you really want to get the most out of Spriter, I highly recommend watching all of the Spriter tutorial videos.

Thanks for the suggestions RunnerPack.

I've overlooked the "File-> Other file associations...." part. I'll try it.

Regarding the scaling of an animation via cloning, I was aware of that... but through that method "the animaiton parts are scaled". So I couldn't get what I want from there;

but it seems that the above method will work the way I want.

Thans a lot!  :)

I'm now much more comfortable with Spriter and will give you guys a break!  :mrgreen:

Cheers,