Spriter R4 Bug Thread

lucid

import selected images as new object bug:

1.select images, right click, click on "import selected images as new object"

2.drag from the import frame pannel to the canvas. Don't drop in the canvas.

3.go back to the import frame pannel and drop the image.

4.select other images, right click, click on "import selected images as new object"

5.drag from the import frame to the canvas. You can see 2 objects when dragging (previous and current) instead of one (current).

EDIT : 1. even if I don't drop in the canvas I will have the object dropped in it (but it doesn't appear in the timeline nor the history pannel, weird...)

Please try selecting view/disable Open GL in Spriter's menu and then restarting Spriter. This sounds like a known compatibility issue for several mac users, and usually disabling OpenGL fixes it.

We're working on increasing compatibility and improving performance with future free update builds.

cheers.

Mike at BrashMonkey

Hey there,

Currently just installed Spriter Pro via Steam for the first time on my mid 2014 15" Macbook Pro with Retina Display and when creating a project, the entire viewing area is black and is unable to be changed to any colour. Objects are still able to be added into the scene but will not display. It appears that the Steam Overlay when called up would result in it appearing in the viewfinder but not actually being functional. Turning this off effects nothing. Also getting an "Unexpectedly Quit" error whenever quitting the application. Thanks for any help and have a good one!

Thanks much for this wonderfully detailed bug report, loudo.

import selected images as new object bug:

1.select images, right click, click on "import selected images as new object"

2.drag from the import frame pannel to the canvas. Don't drop in the canvas.

3.go back to the import frame pannel and drop the image.

4.select other images, right click, click on "import selected images as new object"

5.drag from the import frame to the canvas. You can see 2 objects when dragging (previous and current) instead of one (current).

EDIT : 1. even if I don't drop in the canvas I will have the object dropped in it (but it doesn't appear in the timeline nor the history pannel, weird...)

If you mistankenly put a number on image scale dialog and lets say you think the focus is on the working zone (sometimes you think you pressed enter and is not the case) if you put a number lets say 2222 then scaling gets really big and spriter hangs (logically).

There should be a way to prevent spriter scaling an image at that size so spriter doesnt, hang.

Thanks again everyone. I'll review all these bugs with Edgar once he's back.

@ Loudo, thanks again for making this bug so clear, I think its one of the major issues another user is facing, but he wasn't sure what was causing the issue.

Bug when moving more than one key.

A. select few keys.

B. move the keys

C. release the mouse, all keys disappear except the last one.

Reproductability: every time

spriter_bug.png

Hey guys!

Downloaded the latest mac version (release 4.1) and it opens up fine until i create a new project and select a folder. The canvas is broken and when i try and drag an image in, it doesn't show up. Please see linked image to see what I mean: http://prntscr.com/80lpqt

Also, when I close it, an error message comes up that says Spriter quit unexpectedly. 

I'm using OS X Yosemite version 10.10.4

Really bummed about it, I was really looking forward to jumping into this software :(

Thanks guys! Any help is appreciated.

Hi themajichan,

This looks like a known compatibility issue with certain mac's OpenGL support.

Please choose view/disable OpenGL from Spriter's window and then restart Spriter.  Hopefully this is fix the issue for you.

We're working on improving compatibility and performance with future free update builds.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

Hey guys!

Downloaded the latest mac version (release 4.1) and it opens up fine until i create a new project and select a folder. The canvas is broken and when i try and drag an image in, it doesn't show up. Please see linked image to see what I mean: http://prntscr.com/80lpqt

Also, when I close it, an error message comes up that says Spriter quit unexpectedly. 

I'm using OS X Yosemite version 10.10.4

Really bummed about it, I was really looking forward to jumping into this software :(

Thanks guys! Any help is appreciated.

Hello,

I am new to Spriter, so I'm not sure whether this is a bug or feature.

I was working on a character and I made a keyframe for the body (not connected to the legs), and the legs did not have any keyframe at that frame.

This is what it looked like:

Ab2Nxgs.png

I changed the type of 3 keyframes to Custom and played around with the curve a little bit. The problem is that this affects the motion of the keyframes of b_leg01 and b_leg02 as well.

Thanks in advance.

Hi zetcom,

That definitely looks like a bug. I'll report that to Edgar.  In the mean-time, are you familiar with the hot-key method of parenting and de-parenting objects from bones by selecting the parent, holding the "B" key and then clicking the bone or sprite you want to be parented to it or un-parented from it?  This is the method I use for setting up the hierarchy and I've never run into any bugs with that method. It might be a good methodology to use until that bug can be fixed.

Cheers.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

Hi, I've got a problem with drag n drop bones in Hierarchy window. I made a video, link below. I don't know maybe it's not a good idea to change hierarchy.
http://zetart.webd.pl/temp/spriter_bones-problem.mp4

Hi everyone,

thanks to the team, I can use the Pro version (non-steam version) on Linux. More specifically: current Arch linux on 64 bit.

It works almost flawlessly, however there is an export bug that I've got, when I try to export animated gif.

libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_setBoxToAnimationCancelled()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_keyFrame_edittingFinished()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_batchExportOrientationButtonClicked(QAbstractButton*)
QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 3
Qt has caught an exception thrown from an event handler. Throwing
exceptions from an event handler is not supported in Qt. You must
reimplement QApplication::notify() and catch all exceptions there.

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Magick::ErrorMissingDelegate'
  what():  Spriter: NoDecodeDelegateForThisImageFormat `/home/cbabos/Desktop/teszt/shin_TMP__000.png' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/532
[1]    6523 abort (core dumped)  ./Spriter
FAIL

I'm still testing of course, but this is the only problem I have yet. I've tried to link in the system's own libMagick libraries, even the system's own png.* but no luck. If I'm right this is a problem with ImageMagick implementation but I have no more clue about it.
My workaround for now, is to use `convert` from ImageMagick and create an animated gif from image sequence, wich I can export flawlessly. I don't know if anyone reported that, I've searched the forums but I didn't found this problem. Is there a solution for this?

Thanks!

Hi themajichan,

This looks like a known compatibility issue with certain mac's OpenGL support.

Please choose view/disable OpenGL from Spriter's window and then restart Spriter.  Hopefully this is fix the issue for you.

We're working on improving compatibility and performance with future free update builds.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

Hey Mike!

Thanks for the response! Sorry for the late reply, didn't notice you've replied. That works perfectly :) Super hyped to get into the software! And no worries, take your time. Will let you know if I find anything else.

Warm regards,

Jasmine

Thank You Mr. Mike for "B key" advice (I'm still learning) :) Working every night with Spriter now.

I don't know if that is normal but I noticed something a little uncomfortable. I'm mainly improvising with elements. While using Spriter and refreshing pallete by clicking on 'Reload all images' button I can't see some new elements (images) added (need to close/open once again project but the rest that exist from the begining is updating/refreshed normally). The biggest image is: 317x578px.

• 4 weeks later...

(EDIT: Disabling OpenGL seems to have fixed it. Still kind of strange it was initially working fine, but oh well)
(EDIT EDIT: I also see now someone already posted about this problem - apologies for my hasty post!)

Hi folks,

I just bought spriter (Steam version) and yesterday it was working fine on my Mac. Today when I opened it I got all these glitchy flickering stripes instead of my bones and limbs. I tried making a new project and reinstalling the software but the glitches remain. Help!

Apart from that, awesome software.  :cool: 

No problem at all dooie. I'm glad you got it sorted. We'll do our best ot increase compatibility for OpenGL on macs in future updates.

Cheers.

(EDIT: Disabling OpenGL seems to have fixed it. Still kind of strange it was initially working fine, but oh well)
(EDIT EDIT: I also see now someone already posted about this problem - apologies for my hasty post!)

Hi folks,

I just bought spriter (Steam version) and yesterday it was working fine on my Mac. Today when I opened it I got all these glitchy flickering stripes instead of my bones and limbs. I tried making a new project and reinstalling the software but the glitches remain. Help!

Apart from that, awesome software.  :cool: 

Hi guys!

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but while importing an project that is in the same folder (or child folder) as present project, the confirm dialog doesn't show up.
You can choose the way it should be merged into the project and that's it...
Maybe it's like that by design, than any info dialog would be nice! 

(btw thx for the great job on the R4 :))

Hi All,

I'm the happy owner of a new laptop with an UHD screen, but now I need to work with spriter I find it's kind of impossible as I can't read the "Object properties" panel, and text in general is very tiny. I can't find any properties/settings to allow me to change the font size, and I can't change the height of the "object properties" panel to revile the text. :(

Screen shot : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2107896/UHD.png

Hope this is something you'll look at, as I for now really can't use spriter :(

Any feedback that would allow me to work with Spriter would be appreciated :) (For now I have to switch screen resolution back and forth every time I need to use Spriter ;))

Thanks for an amazing product.

- Henning

Hi everyone,

I got Spriter Pro on Steam a few months ago and decided to try it out for a new project. Unforunately the program keeps freezing every few seconds and I'm unable to do pretty much anything because of that..

My specs are:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.80ghz

GPU: nVidia GeForce 750 GTX

RAM: 6Gb

Any help is appreciated. I can record a video of the hiccups if necessary.

Edit: Turning off WebGLin the View menu seems to have fixed it.

• lucid unpinned this topic