Spriter R4 Bug Thread

lucid

Hi all, 

I just updated to Spriter R4 and i found that objects (sprites) of my animations has their Pivot Point correctly, but the same images in the palette do not remember the pivot point and always set them as default, (top/left corner). Even if you change them again, it seems the changes are not saved. 

I'm Running Spriter Pro with Windows 8.1 on a Dell Inspiron 17 Laptop.

Thanks.

Hi all, 

I just updated to Spriter R4 and i found that objects (sprites) of my animations has their Pivot Point correctly, but the same images in the palette do not remember the pivot point and always set them as default, (top/left corner). Even if you change them again, it seems the changes are not saved. 

Thanks.

Same here, since I updated this morning, I thought I did something wrong..... but it was perfect yesterday, It's driving me nuts :S

Hi all, 

Thanks.

I also have the same issue... Pivot points in the scene stand where they should be as set previously BUT in the image library/palette the pivot points for all images are reset for the top-left corner for each image. I tried to edit them in the panel and clicked ok but it refuses to save the change.

using Spriter Pro in Windows 7 Home Premium on a typical desktop PC config.

Hey there.

Thought I'd pass that along in case nobody else had noticed it yet.

If you name an animation like this: "Chop - Sword/Knife", then attempt to export that animation using the batch tool to create an animated GIF (seems okay when creating sprite sheets though), Spriter immediately crashes and the export fails.

Renaming the animation to something not using "/" such as "Chop - Sword_Knife" seems to work fine however. So it seems directly related to the use of "/" in the animation name.

Tested in both Release 4 and recent Release 4.1 but no earlier builds.

Thanks

Hey I just downloaded spriter from steam and have been playing around on it all day, it is awesome and easy to use except one problem, when I first tried to export my project as a gif file spriter crashed and this message came up:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libary

runtime error!

program.... m files \steam\steamapps\common\spriter\spriter.exe

this applictaion has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

please contact the applications support team for more information.

someone on steam suggested uninstalling and then reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ which I did, I then reinstalled spriter and started a new project in a new file, this time no crash and message, just a crash "spriter is not responding" a small portion of the gif gets made but it has an odd border along the bottom and the rest of the animation isnt present can anyone help please

kind regards

Chris

PS: I am using windows 8, i3 4th gen processor, 8gb ram, png files for the images that make up the animation and the animation works fine in spriter itself. I am not very computer literatre so sorry if I am just making a stupid mistake

Batch export & Character Maps bug;

When doing a batch export, Character maps are overridden and all animations are exported as the highlighted entity in the animations panel.

Probably a bug... Because when I tried to export the animations one by one with the character maps are active, it does it as it is expected and all the animations have their unique appearances.

Regards,

This is as intended and not a bug. There's a difference between the current pivot point you set in a key frame on canvas, and the default pivot point you set in the file palette.

cheers,
Mike at BrashMonkey

Hi,

When I change the pivot of an image on the stage/scene, it does not update the default pivot of the image in the palette.

I thought this might be a bug but I'm not sure whether this is the way how it works or not.

Regards,

This is as intended and not a bug. There's a difference between the current pivot point you set in a key frame on canvas, and the default pivot point you set in the file palette.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

Hi BrashAdmin,

Thanks for the insight. Actually I also thought that this might have been done on purpose but just wanted to make sure.

Cheers,

Hello together

Probably not a bug, but i got a problem. I am using Ubuntu 15.04 (64bit) and SpriterR4_1(64bit). I installed the needed packages with the following command:

sudo apt-get install libqt4-webkit libqt4-help phonon

If i try to start Spriter with ./Spriter, i get the following error:

./Spriter: error while loading shared libraries: liblcms.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can somebody tell me how to get rid of this error?

Many thanks and greetings

Christian

This bug that I found can be described super fast by just showing you the result.  This is a gif exported from spriter (which is working much better in the most recent release btw, props!).

It looks like I accidentally clicked the image while it was exporting and it actually put the trace from the GUI in spriter into the export.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tm5gw77g8t895un/banner2.gif?dl=0

Hi mattcusprime,

Nice art.   I'm sure the glitch shows up like a sore thumb to you, but my 41 year old eyes are struggling to see anything out of the ordinary.. could you perhaps circle it or something for me?

Thanks,

Mike at BrashMonkey

I'll try and reproduce it in a slower version... I just tried to screen cap it and it's only 1 of the 20 frames and I was not fast enough.  (Thanks on the art :) ).

Hello together

Probably not a bug, but i got a problem. I am using Ubuntu 15.04 (64bit) and SpriterR4_1(64bit). I installed the needed packages with the following command:

sudo apt-get install libqt4-webkit libqt4-help phonon

If i try to start Spriter with ./Spriter, i get the following error:

./Spriter: error while loading shared libraries: liblcms.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can somebody tell me how to get rid of this error?

Many thanks and greetings

Christian

Are you using Spriter through Steam by any chance?  If so, there's an update to the Steam Linux 64 bit version today that fixes an issue with the liblcms.so.1 file.  However, we're having issues running it through Steam on Ubuntu 14 at all, and not much feedback on running it on Ubuntu 15 yet.  We're currently working through those on the Steam dev forums.  

Please let me know if the new Steam version fixes the issue, or if you're not using Steam at all.  

Hi, I want to ask whether this is a bug or not:

If I copy pivot and paste it to different image, it only works IF the image is on root level or one sub level.

For ex:

Root

->Sub1

Result copy: works

Root

-Sub1

-->Sub2

Result copy: doesn't work

I use the latest version (4.1 non Steam). Thanks!

Are you using Spriter through Steam by any chance?  If so, there's an update to the Steam Linux 64 bit version today that fixes an issue with the liblcms.so.1 file.  However, we're having issues running it through Steam on Ubuntu 14 at all, and not much feedback on running it on Ubuntu 15 yet.  We're currently working through those on the Steam dev forums.  

Please let me know if the new Steam version fixes the issue, or if you're not using Steam at all.  

Hello Lucid

I reinstalled Linux 14.10 coz i thought i will have more luck with the current-non-steam-spriter build. but i get the same liblcms.so.1 error.

I do have spriter on steam as well. I will update to ubuntu 15.04 again and try my luck with the steam-version of spriter. I can confirm, what you already seems to know: spriter steam version doesnt work with ubuntu 14.10. the current non-steam-version of spriter show a liblcms.so.1 error with ubuntu 14.10. will will now update to ubuntu 15.04 and report back. greetings and thanks for your effort

• lucid unpinned this topic