How to edit several keyframes ?

jokderdeus

Hello,

I want to edit some parts of my character but to keep the animation. Like to move the arm on the left for example but with the animation.]#

Basically to edit several keyframes in the same time.

More precisely, I would like to add 5 in the X-coordinate attribute of one object on all the frames.

Does anyone know how to do do it without editing each single frame manually ?

Thanks !

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your fast answer.

I am sorry to hear that =( I am really looking forward enjoying this new feature.

As an accustomed user of spriter (I bought it more than 1 year ago and am using it regularly), and a professional animator in my job (for character animation in films), I think this feature is a very important one. For now there is too many ways to waste time doing this kind of things and this is quite frustrating and counterproductive (to give you an honest feedback). It is the same for the tangents, I am really looking forward having a feature that can modify several tangents with one click. From my perspective, if those features are not too complex to increment, they should be a priority. Because for now I am spitting bad words in front of my computer every time I use spriter at some point hahaha, which is not what you want.

But I know that you guys are doing your best and I obviously have no idea of your context and your priority list. I allowed myself to give my opinion, I think it matters for the developpers to have constructive feedbacks as well. Hopefully it will be useful for you guys.

I think for now I will put aside my project and wait that those features are released anyway, do you have any rough idea of when is it going to be ? something more like 6 months, or 2 years ?

Cheers

We love honest feedback and realize the great value of it.  What we want to hear about most is when anything can complicate, prolong or frustrate any aspect of workflow or creativity.  The worst thing would be if out of the sake of politeness any member of our community undersold how important their feature-request could be.

In this case, I understand and completely this is a very important feature and we know we should get it in Spriter as quickly as possible. Especially due the the low time cost (to implement) VS very high reward (much better workflow for many users) nature of this specific feature request.

Cheers,
Mike at BrashMonkey

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

I am glad that my opinion can be useful, I didn't want that you think I was venting frustration. Again, I am really looking forward using those new features. They are going to make the life of lots of users much easier that's for sure !

So considering your answer I guess it won't be too long to be implemented ? That is a good new ! Woo hoo !  :cool:

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

If I understood correct, this is a feature I also wish to have.

i.e. I have a typical walking animation with 8 frames in total and when I'm done with it and viewed the animation, I thought the torso part could have leaned towards the front a bit more and gone through all the frames changing the rotation of the torso slightly. Would be much easier if we were able to manipulate the properties of a body part in all frames just like similar to "copy Z order to other frames" method. Let's say "copy X property to all frames" or "copy X property to every Nth frame"...

I'm also looking forward for this!  :)

Cheers,

• 4 years later...

It's been almost five years since this was requested so I presume it has now been implemented but I can't figure out how to do it. I would very much appreciate it if somebody could explain how to move all bones uniformly across all keyframes.

Specifically: I'm no artist so I bought a Spriter ready animation but all frames are centred on the pelvis of the character and I need the centre point to be at the feet.  How can I move all bones in all keyframes so that they are move up the Y axis?

Hi Scraggle,

There are two separate solutions to these issues.. specifically, to make the overall anchor point of your animations in a new place, choose your animation, hold M while in the canvas, and simply left-click and drag to move the anchor point for the entire animation.

Then there is also this feature:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BpjzYKk-40