Spriter R3 Bug Thread

lucid

Make box (collision) and give it a name. Save file. Change mind. Load file and delete box. Make new box. Can't use same name. Reference to the original box still exists in .scml file. Sometimes (while creating) boxes don't seem to render until mouse-up (win7 x64). Would be good to document that boxes can have negative dimensions depending on the corner/direction the artist starts creation from - had assumed they'd be positive and in a test today was wondering why collisions were giving oddball results.

Thanks for the reply on the IK info. I come from a 3D background and was leaning on some assumptions from there.

A new issue I'm having is the exporter is cutting off animation frames when a single image dimension is over a certain (admittedly large) size. The bug starts when the width is past roughly 32000 px. Bumped into this bug creating 16x1 animation strips (That photoshop batches into evenly spaced square power of two texture sheets). Understandable when working at those sizes if there are software limitations in the exporter, but a warning in the exporter that the file will get cropped would be nifty. I'm exporting at 100% since I prefer to have photoshop's sampling options for downscaling as part of the batching process. I have a work around for the issue so it's not pressing, just wanted to bring it to your attention if it wasn't a known issue.

Really enjoying Spriter, especially the Character Maps, which have allowed me to painlessly reskin animations in very useful ways. Can't wait for mesh distortion to become a supported feature!

It's not a proper "bug", but I didn't want to open a new topic for that. Currently, the images provided here for Papagayo can be downloaded as JPGs. The thing is that I didn't manage to get the feature to work under that format. I had to save them as PNGs.

I don't know if it only works with PNGs or if I did something wrong but maybe someone will run into the same problem.

It's not a proper "bug", but I didn't want to open a new topic for that. Currently, the images provided here for Papagayo can be downloaded as JPGs. The thing is that I didn't manage to get the feature to work under that format. I had to save them as PNGs.

I don't know if it only works with PNGs or if I did something wrong but maybe someone will run into the same problem.

Actually, I believe that page is just a reference to show the mouth shapes you need to draw for your own characters. Also, Spriter itself is restricted to PNG images, not this feature alone.

Hi Wledig,

Spriter only uses PNG, either 8 bit or 24 bit with alpha, supporting JPG would be counter-productive. Those Papagayo images are intended as reference only, so if you want to use them for experimentation, you'd need to chop them up and save them as PNG.

Cheers,
Mike at BrashMonkey

Error in running Spriter R3 on Ubuntu 14.10

R2 worked fine. R3 fails with the following:

./Spriter: error while loading shared libraries: libMagickCore.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This still happens after running: sudo apt-get install libqt4-webkit libqt4-help phonon, which I have the latest. (v5, which is likely the issue...)

Edit: Ran ldd to show the diffs between R2 and R3 on the missing links... guessing its a build issue:

$ cd ../SpriterR2\(64\)/
$ ldd Spriter | grep Magick
libMagick++-6.Q16.so.5 => /home/wolpert/projects/brash/SpriterR2(64)/./libMagick++-6.Q16.so.5 (0x00007f84e90b9000)
libMagickCore-6.Q16.so.2 => /home/wolpert/projects/brash/SpriterR2(64)/./libMagickCore-6.Q16.so.2 (0x00007f84e8bfb000)
libMagickWand-6.Q16.so.2 => /home/wolpert/projects/brash/SpriterR2(64)/./libMagickWand-6.Q16.so.2 (0x00007f84e311f000)
$ cd ../SpriterR3\(64\)/
$ ldd Spriter | grep Magick
libMagick++-6.Q16.so.5 => /home/wolpert/projects/brash/SpriterR3(64)/./libMagick++-6.Q16.so.5 (0x00007f5303e4e000)
libMagickCore.so.4 => not found
libMagickWand.so.4 => not found
libMagickWand-6.Q16.so.2 => /home/wolpert/projects/brash/SpriterR3(64)/./libMagickWand-6.Q16.so.2 (0x00007f52fe372000)
libMagickCore-6.Q16.so.2 => /home/wolpert/projects/brash/SpriterR3(64)/./libMagickCore-6.Q16.so.2 (0x00007f52fdeb4000)

One more Edit:
Fixed locally by ducttape^h^h^h^h^h^h^h symlinks... Voiding warranties in action...

$ cd /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
$ sudo ln -s libMagickWand.so.5 libMagickWand.so.4
$ sudo ln -s libMagickCore.so.5 libMagickCore.so.4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi SymboliC,

Actually this is by design.  The looping or single play toggle button is not for during playback in the editor (Spriter), its actual data for the game engines....letting the game know wif it should loop the animation or play it once and not tween the last frame back to the first frame.

If you want an animation to only play once in Spriter itself, then Right Click on the play button instead of left click.  I'll make sure this info is in the manual.

Cheers,
Mike at BrashMonkey

Hi,

Despite "repeat playback" is toggled off, the animation loops when previewing... =/

Hi SymboliC,

Actually this is by design.  The looping or single play toggle button is not for during playback in the editor (Spriter), its actual data for the game engines....letting the game know wif it should loop the animation or play it once and not tween the last frame back to the first frame.

If you want an animation to only play once in Spriter itself, then Right Click on the play button instead of left click.  I'll make sure this info is in the manual.

Cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

Ah... thanks for pointing that out.  :oops:

I also thought it might be working that way but just wanted to make sure!

Also, thanks for the mouse button tip ;)