Spriter R3 Bug Thread

lucid

just installed from steam.

I'm running arch Linux 64 3.18.6-1

gnome 3

there are no icons on any of the buttons.

images don't import when i start a new project.(so i had no way to test the other aspects of the program) 

there is no exit from the video help window its just there stuck open

thanx

@lucid

Collision box when created and then deleted , will still be available when exported. It will still shows up in construct 2.

How to reproduce.

1)Create animations with few frames

2)Create collision box no 1 in first frame, then select copy this to all frame.

3)Create collision box no 2 in first frame, then select copy this to all frame.

4)Select collision box no 1 in first frame, then select delete this from all frame.

5)The box no 1 is deleted and not available in the list anymore. (save scml and scon)

6)Drag drop to construct 2. (The folder will still shows box_000 and box_001)

I think the bug is , the collision box is removed in the editor but still shows in the scml and scon files. So it is still shows up when exported.

just installed from steam.

I'm running arch Linux 64 3.18.6-1

gnome 3

there are no icons on any of the buttons.

images don't import when i start a new project.(so i had no way to test the other aspects of the program) 

there is no exit from the video help window its just there stuck open

thanx

Thank you for the bug report @DaveThornton, but unfortunately for the time being we're only able to support Ubuntu, which I use for development.  We simply don't have the resources to support every distribution of Linux.  On a side note, Steam itself has a similar policy: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1504-QHXN-8366

@lucid

Collision box when created and then deleted , will still be available when exported. It will still shows up in construct 2.

How to reproduce.

1)Create animations with few frames

2)Create collision box no 1 in first frame, then select copy this to all frame.

3)Create collision box no 2 in first frame, then select copy this to all frame.

4)Select collision box no 1 in first frame, then select delete this from all frame.

5)The box no 1 is deleted and not available in the list anymore. (save scml and scon)

6)Drag drop to construct 2. (The folder will still shows box_000 and box_001)

I think the bug is , the collision box is removed in the editor but still shows in the scml and scon files. So it is still shows up when exported.

Thanks for the bug report @Tumira, I will look into this.  In the meantime, if you have a broken scml file with this issue and you need to remove it, please send it to lucid@brashmonkey.com

Running Mint 17 (derivative of Ubuntu 14). Runs Spriter R2 fine. Attempting to execute R3 gets a complaint: "error while loading shared libraries: libMagickCore.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".

I noticed that we seem to have moved on to libMagickCore.so.5 some time ago....

Also R2 runs fine, so it obviously doesn't need version 4.

Perhaps this is just a minor error in the compilation of R3?

Hi nixarn,

Can you please describe the OS version you're using Spriter with and what situations lead to the issue.  Does this happen every time you make anything with Spriter, or when you load a specific scml file?

Any other information would be useful.

If this happens with a specific sxml file, then please email it to mike@brashmonkey.com for us to take a look.

Finally, is t he artist using a specialized input device like a Wacom tablet etc? If so, please describe it and try using a regular mouse and see if that fixes the issue. (so we can figure out the cause of the issue)

Thanks.

Issue: Clicking inside the "current time" field doesn't recieve focus correctly on click.  Clicking the field causes the content of the field to be selected and for the up/down increment buttons to appear to the side (as is intentional), however the field doesn't seem to properly receive focus.  If you attempt to type in a frame number to skip to, the input isn't caught by the field. Any keypresses function as if there was no active/focused field.  Additionally, since input is not being caught by the field, clicking outside of the field does not revert the active/focused appearance.

Steps to reproduce: Click inside of the "current time" field above the timeline.  Press a number key.

Note:  The up/down spinner buttons correctly set the field's focus, and can be used to clear the glitchy state.  The mouse scroll, interestingly, can also be used, as long as the cursor is hovering over the current time field/spinner buttons.  The total time field works properly.

Running Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.1

The X, Y, X-Scale, Y-Scale input fields in the Object Properties panel have shrunk vertically to about 5 pixels high.  I can't read the text in them, and there is no way to reset the UI.  I've tried enlarging the panel, undocking the panel, undocking everything but that panel, closing and reopening the panel, and restarting the application (and creating a new project).  Nothing worked.

When I first opened the app (after downloading it today) those fields were working properly.  I'm not sure of the steps I took to cause this issue.

** update **

This could be related to changing resolutions.  I unplugged my laptop from my monitors at home and when I got to work, opened my laptop and discovered that Spriter had crashed.  After reopening the application, the input fields were the correct height.

Hi there! I don't know if it's been reported or not but whenever I try to attach sprites to bones in the "Hierarchy" tab, I'll often find that some sprites and/or bones disappear from the tab. I have to save, close Spriter and open it again to have them reappear.

It happens quite often and it's become slightly frustrating. ^^

Other than that, congrats on creating a neat software.

Hi, I find the same problem on latest version. Sometimes randomly you cant click and move around a sprite, as if they become locked. You have to close and open again spriter. 

This happens the same with mouse or tablet, in my case I use a wacom. I know because when a sprite becomes "non dragable" i change to mouse but the same until I restart spriter. Its frustrating.

My os is windows vista, 3 gb Ram and a 8600M gt nvidia, acer laptop. 32 bits os. Spriter PRO.

New user here! :) Seeing a strange graphical issue:

Screen-Shot-2015-03-15-at-11.18.01-AM.pn

after closing the application I get a closed unexpectedly error. I have the log as well, and tried to include it but it was too long.

The issue goes away (mostly) when opengl mode is disabled, but the window still flickers a bit.

Hi ksbabyss,

Try choosing "View/ disable OpenGL in Spriter's menu, then restarting Spriter, This should hopefully resolve the graphical issues.

Cheers,
Mike at BrashMonkey

New user here! :) Seeing a strange graphical issue:

Screen-Shot-2015-03-15-at-11.18.01-AM.pn

after closing the application I get a closed unexpectedly error. I have the log as well, and tried to include it but it was too long.

The issue goes away (mostly) when opengl mode is disabled, but the window still flickers a bit.

Hi ruberboy,

I'm fairly certain this is an unfortunate compatibility issue cause by some wacom drivers of certain devices on certain OS's.  We'll do what we can to resolve them, but I cant promise how soon this will be.  If you wouldn't mind testing the theory a bit for us, have you tried completely unplugging your wacom device, then booting and using Spriter with just a normal mouse to see if the issue ever happens when the wacom device is not plugged in?

Sorry for the inconvenience, obviously its very important to us that Spriter is as comfortable and convenient for artists to use as possible, so this is not something we will forget to resolve as soon as we can.

Cheers,
Mike at BrashMonkey

Hi, I find the same problem on latest version. Sometimes randomly you cant click and move around a sprite, as if they become locked. You have to close and open again spriter. 

This happens the same with mouse or tablet, in my case I use a wacom. I know because when a sprite becomes "non dragable" i change to mouse but the same until I restart spriter. Its frustrating.

My os is windows vista, 3 gb Ram and a 8600M gt nvidia, acer laptop. 32 bits os. Spriter PRO.

Hi Wledig,

Thanks for reporting this, it is a known issue.  While you're waiting for a fix, are you familiar with the easy keyboard shortcut method of changing parent/child assignments in the canvas?

1) Select a bone

2) Hold the B key

3) Left click on a Spriter and this will toggle it to either a child of the bone or not a child of the bone.

Cheers,
Mike at BrashMonkey

Hi there! I don't know if it's been reported or not but whenever I try to attach sprites to bones in the "Hierarchy" tab, I'll often find that some sprites and/or bones disappear from the tab. I have to save, close Spriter and open it again to have them reappear.

It happens quite often and it's become slightly frustrating. ^^

Other than that, congrats on creating a neat software.

Hi ruberboy,

I'm fairly certain this is an unfortunate compatibility issue cause by some wacom drivers of certain devices on certain OS's.  We'll do what we can to resolve them, but I cant promise how soon this will be.  If you wouldn't mind testing the theory a bit for us, have you tried completely unplugging your wacom device, then booting and using Spriter with just a normal mouse to see if the issue ever happens when the wacom device is not plugged in?

Sorry for the inconvenience, obviously its very important to us that Spriter is as comfortable and convenient for artists to use as possible, so this is not something we will forget to resolve as soon as we can.

Cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

Yes I have tried with mouse and the same. May be its an incompatibility thing. The tablet is a bamboo and the drivers are official. Its not a very uncommon tablet. I remember it didnt happen in the past versions.

Today for example it didnt happen. It just happens from time to time, but restarting spriter fixes it.

Hi Wledig,

Thanks for reporting this, it is a known issue.  While you're waiting for a fix, are you familiar with the easy keyboard shortcut method of changing parent/child assignments in the canvas?

1) Select a bone

2) Hold the B key

3) Left click on a Spriter and this will toggle it to either a child of the bone or not a child of the bone.

Cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

Damn I'm stupid, I had forgotten about this simple shortcut. I hadn't used the software in a long time, I'm such a newb'. Thanks Mike.

Issue: Copy/pasting any number of sprites from one animation to another results in timelines for all sprites being copied over.

Steps to reproduce: Create two animations for an entity.  I will call them Animation1 and Animation2 for clarity.  Add 2 or more sprites to Animation1.  Select one of the sprites and press Ctrl+C to copy.  Switch over to Animation2.  Press Ctrl+V to paste.  Notice that while only one sprite was copied to Animation2, blank, unremovable timelines were added for any other sprite that exists in Animation1.  These timelines are only removed upon saving and re-opening the spriter project.  This is undesirable because if you want to add the same sprite with the same name as one of the blank timelines, you need to rename it first or reopen the project.

I have an annoying bug in windows 8.1

When I set the interpolation curve of a parent object to something other then linear, the IK targets on the children move out of place. It's a spider so there are a lot of legs and a fairly deep hierarchy. I can set the interpolation for the timeline as a whole but this isn't ideal since it's messing up the timing for all of my secondary animations. My workaround right now will probably be to manually animate the legs, which is a HUGE pain. Hopefully that can get hammered out in a future release.

I discovered the reason of my previous comment about the bug of "random" locking sprites and bones.

IF i Use the Space bar and PAN with it pressed then in about 30 seconds I get everything locked like the lock buttons are pressed when they are not and cannot move ii with the exception of using the cursors.

If I use the small UI panning buttons for pan around then I get NO locking. So I am sure the bug is in the part of the code that is just after pressing space bar for panning.

I've been all day with spriter and if I dont pan with the space bar then no problems whatsoever in about 7 hours so far. I must add that before when I didnt know and I accidentally pressed space bar for panning I was every few minutes having to close and open spriter for it to fix.

Now it doesn't happen if I dont press space bar for panning I can work perfectly and seamlessly.

Cheers.

Thanks for this bug report and leg-work finding and reporting the specific cause. This sohuld make it much easier for Edgar to track down and squash the bug.  Cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

I discovered the reason of my previous comment about the bug of "random" locking sprites and bones.

IF i Use the Space bar and PAN with it pressed then in about 30 seconds I get everything locked like the lock buttons are pressed when they are not and cannot move ii with the exception of using the cursors.

If I use the small UI panning buttons for pan around then I get NO locking. So I am sure the bug is in the part of the code that is just after pressing space bar for panning.

I've been all day with spriter and if I dont pan with the space bar then no problems whatsoever in about 7 hours so far. I must add that before when I didnt know and I accidentally pressed space bar for panning I was every few minutes having to close and open spriter for it to fix.

Now it doesn't happen if I dont press space bar for panning I can work perfectly and seamlessly.

Cheers.

Hi PtismaSlice,

Currently IK in Spriter is only for setting key frames easily, and has no effect at all on the actual tweening between the frames. Is this peraps what's causing you the undesired results?

Cheers,
Mike at BrashMonkey

I have an annoying bug in windows 8.1

When I set the interpolation curve of a parent object to something other then linear, the IK targets on the children move out of place. It's a spider so there are a lot of legs and a fairly deep hierarchy. I can set the interpolation for the timeline as a whole but this isn't ideal since it's messing up the timing for all of my secondary animations. My workaround right now will probably be to manually animate the legs, which is a HUGE pain. Hopefully that can get hammered out in a future release.

Sub Entities Issues: The Z-Order Window and Opacity.

Hi All.

Not sure if this is the place, since sub-entities are not fully developed yet, but here goes.

My project has two entities: one for reference, one for the actual new animations.

I can import my reference animation into one animation, and then use that animation as a sub entity in another.  So far, no problem.

Once the sub entity is in the new animation two issues occur:

1. Changing the opacity of the sub-entity object does not always effect the opacity of the sub-entity's content (that is, only the control widget's opacity is effected).
  2. When the sub entity is in an animation with sprites, the Z-Order window will sporadically change from showing all objects, to showing only the sub-entity - the hierarchy windows seems to function normally.