Missing images and buggy animation

MrSMile

Hi there, so i am having some issues about loading my saved projects;

every project of mine keeps getting some images cut off from it, and replaced by a (Missing Image) box even thought i never moved, deleted, replaced, renamed the files.

Not only that when i play the animation with those missing images, the animation is all buggy, with bones off place and i cannot even re-do nor use the project, so i have to start all over again.

HELP!

Hi MrSMile,

Sorry to hear you're having issues. I can  certainly empathize with your frustration. To my recollection, no one else has reported any data corruption errors in well over a year. Please rest assured they are a top priority whenever they are reported. Now, to get to the bottom of these issues:

1) A few builds back there was one other report of images disappearing and I managed to figure out that on some computers, running some version of art programs while Spriter was open, that if Spriter checked for the same image at the same time the user was re-saving it from the art program, that Spriter wouldn't be able to find the image (because it was at that split second a partial file) That Spriter would declare it a missing image.  It sounds like this is happening to you very consistently, so letting us know your exact OS and system configuration and what art programs you're using etc might really help us solve this issue.  Mind you, we though this issue was resolved several builds ago, and we've not been able to recreate in sense, nor have there been any other reports of it until now.

Please verify for me that you are using the must current version of Spriter, and please let us know your OS and system specs.

2) Can you email your Spriter project (entire folder with all required images and the scml file so we can see if there's any obvious corruption in it to help us find and fix the issue?

3) Any chance of a screen recording of the missing images error occurring?

Thanks,
Mike at BrashMonkey

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having same problem with images disappearing. I think it has something to do with saving...

I can save  "save project as" and everything seems to be there except when I try bring sprites to "work area"  pictures don't show up only sprite handles. 

And when I Save my project or Spriter autosaves, it tends to loose the right side project folder completely and fills work area and left side z-order panel with red square with "missing image" text.

btw I'm using old version b10 and I have pro license, can I update it via free download?

• 1 year later...

Hello there !

Got almost the same problem nowadays.

I open project I've worked on for some time. 
I clone entire animation.
Then I move animation to another entity (just to group stuff together) like some other animations.
But moved animation is missing almost everything but one sprite ! It drives me crazy and I'm on deadlines..

I don't have any art program open during all of this. Not even window explorer with project folders.

Please help !