How to clone an object with its animation ?

jokderdeus

Hello,

I am sorry if this has already been mentioned somewhere, I looked through the forum and didn't find anything about this.

So, does somebody know if we can, and if yes, how can we clone an object with its animation ? And if we can't, an other way to avoid redoing the animation manually when we clone an object ?

Cheers.

Entire objects (a set of animations) within Spriter are called "Entities" There's a copy(clone) entity button at the top of the animations palette, along side copy animation or new entity or new animation.  The copy (clone) entity button will immediately clone the entire character (set of animations) which can then be renamed or edited however you wish without effecting the original that you cloned.

Also, to copy just a complete fully rigged frame to a new animation just go anywhere on your timeline and press control+shift+c to copy everything

Then go the your new, empty animation and press control V. This will paste the entire, fully assembled frame into your new animation.

Cheers,
Mike at BrashMonkey

Well, actually it doesn't work as expected.

I would actually like to clone an animation into an entity itself.

Example : I am animating an object A into the entity Alpha. Once my animation is finished, I would like to duplicate A with its animation and make several A` with the same animation into the entity Alpha.

Is that clear ? do you need a video ?

No, its definitely not clear. Are you saying you want to add one or more animations to the back of an initial animation, making one long animation that is itself a sequence of animations?

If so, we plan to add a feature for that in the future, but currently there's not an automatic way. You might have to copy and paste each full key frame one at a time into the initial animation.

Cheers,
Mike at BrashMonkey

Yes, what you are saying is kind of what I would like to do.

Let's take an other example : I make an animation of explosion. But I would like that my explosion have several explosion slightly delayed one to each others, so I would copy my explosion animation, and paste it with its animation and the keys and everything, then I would take all the keys and delay them.

In the following example, you can see how I have animated the tears drop. I animated each tear drop manually, but basically, I would like to know if that is possible to copy one tear drop once I have animated it, and then paste it with its animation and delay it slightly to reproduce the same result without doing animation on each tear drop.

There is a feature specifically for such things, called Sub Entities, which I think you discovered, but its not yet well documented.  I've begun preparations for making a tutorial video but haven't had a chance to wrap it up yet.  Hopefully in the next few days.

sorry for the delay.

Mike at BrashMonkey