Quick question, how do I add all scmls to be viewed easily in one project?

Jonjon

For example when I click player with small head, then it loads all the animations for him. I did it before somehow... or I think I did. Where I could scroll down the right part of the screen, and see all the different effects and player animations one after the other, and I guess they were separated by entities or something.

I bought the whole entire art package on this site a day ago, and I want to mix and edit things together, and quickly be able to see the animations for every little thing in one spriter project. Is it possible?

I figured it out. You see I was doing what I did before, using the import feature, but for some reason the animations wouldn't load. I first copied all of my art packs to a new folder, then loaded up Spriter, then selected that new folder as the main folder... then when I would try to import the animations, I guess the program was getting confused because the scmls I was trying to import were already part of the folder.

So I tried something different. I closed Spriter and then loaded one of the SCMLS, and tried to import a new scml inside of it. So I loaded the small head knight, then loaded in fire effects, and it worked.

I guess my problem is that when I make a new spriter project and I want to see all the animations from all the scmls inside of one, I have to do the new spriter project in an empty folder and then import everything using only the import feature, instead of dragging and dropping all the folders in there beforehand.

Thanks for clarifying, not sure if it was a bug or not. Also do you plan on adding a feature where I can play an animation over another one? I'm making sprite sheets for Unity at the moment, and I don't want to have too many animations playing at once and causing slow-downs, so I'm trying to put certain animations altogether on one sprite sheet, kinda like how the knight swinging the sword and the sword blur are together. It's gonna be a smartphone game so I want it to be able to work for like Galaxy S2's and stuff, for the poor people. I mean I can do it the slow way and redo the animations, but it would be easier if I can somehow copy and paste say like an impact effect onto the grey guy punching, and then just slide the impact effect's keyframes around to sync things up.

Not sure if this will help give you an idea, but if you've ever used Guitar Pro or Power Tab, when you're writing music, you can write on different "voices". You can see examples on some powertab and guitar pro songs on ultimate-guitar.com where some of the notes look grey, it's cuz those are on different layers on the same instrument. It allows you to do things like write a half note to play at the same time as a quarter note, without making the notes ring out for the same length of time, and it also makes things look visually structured, like writing the bass notes on one layer and the higher notes on the other (good example is Aphex Twin's "Avril 14th").

Maybe you can do that? Where the animations will play at the same time and I can move them around in the viewing window, but edit their animations on their own separate timelines, and then if I export to a sprite sheet it will show both animations together depending on their Z order.