Need guidance with workflow

naqproductions

I am an original KS supporter, but haven't been following what's been going on with Spriter in a while as my video game project was put on really long hold. I am now wondering if spriter will work for a project I have in mind.

I am aiming to create an animated short music video, animation style would be very much in the vein of Angry Birds, nothing too crazy, but I do need to sync mouths and actions to beats. I'm wondering if I can do the character animations (different mouth pronounciations etc) in Spriter and then export them to be assembled in something like After Effects or Premiere to do the full animations to the beat. Or is this something that can be completely done inside Spriter? Putting the whole thing together including background graphics etc?

You can probably guess I'm not an animator, I do have help, but I'm not sure what software would be best for this. Any help would be appreciated!

Nate

For lip-sync (to actual words; not sure about "beats") just get Papagayo. Spriter has import support built-in. All you need are a handful of faces/mouths for each character, and you should be all set. Be sure to watch the YouTube tutorial about it, though.

EDIT: Thanks for posting the relevant video, Mike!

• 2 weeks later...

While its possible to make entire scenes in Spriter at the moment, the feature set for that is currently quite limited. We will be adding several features in the future which will make the creation of entire animated scenes much easier and more flexible.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey