gui looks bad on macbook pro retina

hunterfox

Hi!

I want to buy the PRO version but the gui looks pretty bad and complicated work with the program.

the other problem is that the final version works very slow and also tried b11 version.

the b9 version works well graphically but all have the problem gui.

i've a

macbook pro retina display

Yosemite 10.10

I hope you can help me because I am very interested in the program

2E6vWl7.png?1

Please try downloading the version r2 from our download page: http://www.brashmonkey.com/download_spriter.htm

This one fixes the performance issue for some Macs.  I will have a look into the gui issue.  What resolution is that?

2560x1600, but all resolutions gives me problems.

I downloaded release2 but still running very slow and keep GUI problems

sorry for my poor English

gwxyVoV.png

• 1 month later...

I am also having this problem using the latest build in Steam.

I experience it on my main laptop display (Retina running at 1440 x 900) and on external monitors hooked up to my laptop (native 2560 x 1600).

There seem to be several interface issues with selected items in both the palette and Z-order sides.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help diagnose this problem.

I've found that if you open the app in 'low resolution' mode the problem mostly goes away.

To do this quit the app and find the Spriter.app file in Finder. Right click the file and choose 'Get Info' followed by "Open in Low Resolution".

It doesn't completely fix it and it looks a little blurry, but the object properties now display properly, which was the main problem for me.

I've found that if you open the app in 'low resolution' mode the problem mostly goes away.

To do this quit the app and find the Spriter.app file in Finder. Right click the file and choose 'Get Info' followed by "Open in Low Resolution".

It doesn't completely fix it and it looks a little blurry, but the object properties now display properly, which was the main problem for me.

Thank you man, it does work! Finally I can use Spriter without a virtual machine.

• 3 months later...

Spriter seems to use Qt 4.8 for the UI toolkit, which only has partial support for Retina displays.  To enable the retina support, you need to add a line to the Info.plist file inside of the Spriter Application bundle (right click and selection show package contents). Make sure that these two keys are present:

<key>NSPrincipalClass</key><string>NSApplication</string><key>NSHighResolutionCapable</key><string>True</string>

This should resolve many of the issues with text being pixelated, but it does not fix any pixmaps, so the borders of buttons will still look funny.

Really these issues aren't fixable until the Spriter team ports to the latest release of Qt 5 which provides proper support for HiDPI displays (even only Windows and X11).

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, fkrauthan said:

Are there any news from the developers here? I recently purchased Spriter Pro and have a HiDPI display on my windows laptop and the software is not usable at all at the moment. Seems like people already raised this issue quiet a while ago...

I believe Spriter has been ported to Qt5 a while ago (which has fixed this issue for most of users, including myself). Is the issue that you're seeing exactly the same as one described here?

17 hours ago, fkrauthan said:

Are there any news from the developers here? I recently purchased Spriter Pro and have a HiDPI display on my windows laptop and the software is not usable at all at the moment. Seems like people already raised this issue quiet a while ago...

Can you please provide a screen shot so we can see what's happening on your screen?

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.