Crash on load after activating Pro, even on fresh reinstalls

lamorris

Hey guys,

Been a big fan of Spriter for some time and tweet/stream a bunch of my work with the software. I saw Spriter Pro on sale recently and grabbed it, though I didn't activate until today when I needed one of the features for crunch work I'm doing. After activating the software, I restarted it as the OpenGL said I needed to, and now it crashes on load, stalling and bringing up the 'Spriter has stopped responding' dialog box. I have:

1.) tried uninstalling and reinstalling (several times)

2.) tried uninstalling, cleaning registry keys with CC Cleaner and reinstalling

I'm on crunch right now, please help. ): I have a bunch of rigs I need to get finished over the next few days and would really like to be able to use the software I bought.

Update: I installed Spriter B8_2 and that seems not to crash on load with Spriter Pro activated. B9, however, seems to crap itself still.

Hi lamorris,

Sorry for the trouble, but could you try manually changing the opengl setting in the registry using regedit?

Are you familiar with using regedit to edit the registry?

Try changing HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BrashMonkey\Spriter\openGLEnabled to the opposite of it's current setting.

• 2 weeks later...