Circular motion movement

inovu

Hi inovu,

The tricky way to do this would be to assign the thing you want to move in a circle to a bone who's pivot point is the center of the circle... Then turn off inherit angle from parent (Pro only), then rotate the bone full 36o degrees during the animation (will take 4 keyframes to make the full 360 rotation)

Someday we'll be adding an actual motion path feature, but can't say how soon.

cheers

This effect can be achieved in free version also, although it takes a two-bone setup.

example:

circular.gif

I used one bone to define the rotation (the path) and I gave that bone a child bone, to which I attached an image.

there are four keyframes here, one for each direction (starts east, then south at 250ms, west at 500ms, north at 750ms) and the animation is set to loop (tween) back to the first keyframe.

At each of the (south west north) keyframes I adjusted the child bones rotation to make the chest piece point straight up (or could have aimed it anywhere but to cancel roation this is how you would do it.)

bones.png

You can make other neat things happen, here is one way to extend this image.

orbit.gif

• 1 year later...
On 11/1/2014, 8:42:45, BrashAdmin said:

The tricky way to do this would be to assign the thing you want to move in a circle to a bone who's pivot point is the center of the circle... Then turn off inherit angle from parent (Pro only), then rotate the bone full 36o degrees during the animation (will take 4 keyframes to make the full 360 rotation)

How do you turn off the inherit angle from the parent?  I have the Pro version but I don't know how to do this, and for some reason the HELP screen is completely blank for me.

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2015 at 1:13 AM, the_terrible said:

How do you turn off the inherit angle from the parent?  I have the Pro version but I don't know how to do this, and for some reason the HELP screen is completely blank for me.

Just hover over a child bone or sprite, hold down the right mouse button and a little pop-up will appear. KEEP the mouse button held down, hover over the symbol that represents rotation (circular arrow) and now release the right mouse button. That's it.

Do you mean when you choose help/help from Spriter's menu you don't get the built in manual?

Sorry for the late reply.