My first animation

metalkat1988

Hey guys. So my husband and I are working on making games together and I have been playing with Spriter to create the animations for the games. I have finished my first animations in the program and wanted to get some feedback. Doubt this character is ever used but still would like to see where I stand with it.

In the program and in construct the animation is much smoother though it gives the idea of where I am at.

Thanks ahead guys!

post-17450-14159834262079_thumb.gif

post-17450-141598342634_thumb.gif

Hi metalkat1988,

Welcome to the Spriter community.

You're clearly getting a solid grasp of things regarding Spriter and animating in general. I highly recommend finding good animation tutorial videos online (not for a specific tool, but for animating in general) to help you get a knack for creating animations that are more expressive and natural and less stiff.

This is a decent place to start, though I've not had time to see if there are even better resources: '>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALESgmAYfNc&list=PLYOBCjdAoAjbKsk4NG7h_WJ9CX7F5zfUe

Also, The images you are using and character size seem massive for a game...if the character isn't actually ever that big on screen, I recommend using Spriter Pro's "save as resized project" feature to create a reduced size clone of your Spriter project, and use the smaller version in game. This should drastically improve the games file size and performance as well.. as currently you're likely wasting huge amounts of memory and "draw calls" in the game.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey