Background image in spriter

nicmar

I'm not sure if this feature exists, but if not, it would be great.

instead of just having different color backgrounds, let us load an image in the background. It could be great for several things, in my case:

- When assembling the character, to make sure to get him right (on some creatures it's harder than a human.. ;)

- When trying to create a walk cycle, use a sample like the image below.

wlk01.gif

Since you probably don't want it stretched all over the screen, it would be good to be able to resize it.

What do you think about this? :) An alternative is simply to load that image as a sprite and place it somewhere I guess?

Hi nicmar,

You actually can use a normal image as a guide by dragging it onto your canvas, selecting it with left click, then right clicking somewhere empty in the canvas and choosing "lock selected objects"

You can set the guide images z-order first, its opacity, and copy it to all frames if your animation already has frames...locking it in any spot in the timeline locks it universally.

Once you're don't animating, delete the guide sprite from the animation by unlocking it, selecting it and hold shift and pressing the delete key.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

PS: I'll make a video about this when I can, but it might not be for a couple weeks.