Having trouble making fighting animations with the templates

Jonjon

Hi, I'm totally new at animating, and I cannot seem to make good fighting animations. I can barely make him do a punch with a step, and a front kick. I'm trying to make a very very simple fighting game, which at least 2-3 punches and 2-3 kicks, maybe a few jump attacks, blocking and grabbing maybe, and throwing. Has anyone created these in Spriter or Unity before with the template or something similar? I've been looking for tutorials everywhere, yet all I ever find are walk and idle animations, and to stretch and enlarge the arm and fist when doing a punch. I just don't have the eye or the mind to do it, and I don't want to spend hundreds of hours redoing it and trying to get the timing and everything right for it to look good and for the players to not bitch at me for the punches not hitting when they should when they press the button and stuff like that.

If anyone can just help me make a few animations with the platformer template grey guy I'd be eternally thankful.

Hi Jonjon,

Animating humanoids, especially in severe actions is one of the most difficult things to do well, or to learn to do easily. The full version of the basic platformer pack has one basic punch and two basic kicks, but that's all for physical attacks.

We do plan on making a fighting game art pack, with at least 2 separate body types doing an assortments of fighting moves, getting hit, falling down etc... but this will be a massive undertaking and we've not even begun. (I'm currently wrapping up what will be our fourth official art pack...more details coming soon)

Of course the fighting game art pack will feature realistically proportioned ,muscular characters, not chibi style. The fighting game art pack is at least 4 months away...maybe more. If you want high quality fighting animations before then you might need to hire a good animator or find one willing to collaborate with you on your project.

best of luck,

Mike at BrashMonkey