Spriter to Unity - Body Masks and Legacy

honeydewmelonlord

First off, I just want to say I'm loving Spriter and the new unity support and how easy it is to import a spriter project to unity.

As for my question, I was wondering if it's possible to mix animations after importing to unity. Say I have a running animation and a shooting, I would like to merge the two so I don't have to create a seperate animation for everything. (Mask off different parts of each animation) I know unity has body masks and all that, but it's not an option for imported spriter projects.

Also, I was wondering if there is a way to change the animations to a legacy system in case I have to manually achieve this myself through coding.

If this isn't a feature yet and anyone has an idea of how to achieve this with some extra coding or some workarounds I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Good questions honeydewmelonlord,

I'd recommend doing what classic games did to solve this issue...have the upper and lower body of the character as two separate objects, so they can be attached to each other, but animated independently.

Aside from that basic concept, I can't be of any more help because I don't currently have any useful Unity experience or knowledge. You might want to contact the plug-in's developer through this forum or their github or both.

http://www.brashmonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15670

best of luck,

Mike at BrashMonkey

You guys should look more into unity integration(as in learn the engine and make sure everything is top of the line).

Its pretty much a standard engine for 2d right now, specially considering all that you get with the free version. I believe they represent something like 57% of the mobile games atm. And its only going to grow.

My guess is it will represent the greater majority of your users, specially after you guys release the final 1.0 and properly advertise spriter, etc.

Its a great engine that hasn't forgotten about 2d. If you want to learn more about it, I think these sessions are quite nice:http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/modules/live-training-archive. Also this part of their tutorials: http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/modu ... /animation , gives you an overview of how the animate things.

Cheers