Moving sprites/bones of a complete animation

yarrrsky

Hi there! Hi had a couple quick questions concerning things I could do in Flash and would reeeally like to do in Spriter. They are:

-Moving the character's position after having animated him, to a different set of coordinates (I had him too far down on the screen while animating, and for the game we're making I need his feet to be level with the x axis). Doing this keyframe by keyframe will take a reeeally long time.

-Is there a grid or guide system I can use to help me line things up as I work?

-Will there be a fix for the way animations play back? Currently I do not get a good feel for how the animation will look in-game, as the playback skips frames and is generally really choppy. I get a better idea of the final animation by scrubbing through it by hand, and that's not a very accurate method.

Thank you!

Welcome yarrrsky,

1) Hold M and left click and drag on the canvas to move the entire character VS its default zero,zero coordinate.

2) If you click and drag from the rulers, it creates guide-lines, a lot like Photoshop.

3) Edgar is working on fixing the performance issues with the latest build of Spriter ATM. Version b9 of Spriter ran more smoothly, and the next release should run smoother than b9 did.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...