Why is my Spriter so Laggy? Plus Bug

Xeke-Hu

Alright I'm not trying to be negative, but tbh my Spriter is laggier than Blender 3D, which I don't understand cause Blender uses 3D Models and meshes and all that, but Spriter is just working with 2d images. So why is it so laggy? It's kind of annoying.

I was swapping through gimp and back to Spriter then all of a sudden when I went back to Spriter all of my images showed up as a text box saying, "Missing Image", it scared the heck out of me.

Hi Xeke-Hu,

I also noticed poor performance on the mac version of the latest build of Spriter and Edgar has begun optimizing to fix the issue.. These fixes should drastically increase performance on all platforms... but in the mean-time, or whenever reporting issues, can you please specify which operating system you're using Spriter on to help us trouble-shoot and find the cause of the issues...because often the issue is specific to certain operating systems.

As for the missing images issue, Thanks for reporting that too... It seems to be related to certain art programs having a sort of tug-of war with Spriter, so when Spriter tries to refresh the images, the images is at that moment incomplete or inaccessible, so Spriter shows the missing image icon... I'll let him know this is still an issue and we'll try to resolve it as soon as possible.

Thanks very much for taking the time to report the issues, and please never worry about "sounding negative". Bug reports or even feedback about frustration caused by UI or work-flow design is extremely valuable to us and we appreciate it greatly.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

Nice, I love quick replies!

Well anyways, I'm running Spriter with a Dell Inspiron Laptop(It kind of sucks haha)

And now I just tried running Spriter again and it's a little smoother and (I know this a problem in my other topic but I thought I should mention it) it's actually starting to show up all of my images no matter what size it is. I guess it was doing that because my Laptop was running slow, it was running slow because I was playing a few downloaded games and ran a few other softwares like Gimp, before I booted up Spriter.

• 4 weeks later...

Same here on my windows Seven (4Go RAM).

My file is heavy : 715ko

I have 1400 images handled by the project but the problem seems to occur with less images too.

Spriter take 1,7Go of memory for my project.

Please see the gif attached.

Problem 1 : you can see the images from the keyframe on the z-order panel but an image is missing in the working panel...

Problem 2 : I can't change the background color

So I guess the images are not correctly loaded or something.

Spriter crashes quickly when I try to work on this file. I must admit that I try to change the scml myself by hand for few days because Spriter can no longer handle my project without bug and crashes.

Hope Spriter will be optimized soon !

post-16865-14159834258102_thumb.gif