Spriter B10 Bug Report Thread

lucid

The same old bug is also present in B11. I feel like I won't be able to use spriter past B8. ;\ For some odd reason, B9, B10 and B11 crash on start. I wish I could try out the new features, but that's an impossibility, since 3 builds ago the problem is still persistent.

The same old bug is also present in B11. I feel like I won't be able to use spriter past B8. ;\ For some odd reason, B9, B10 and B11 crash on start. I wish I could try out the new features, but that's an impossibility, since 3 builds ago the problem is still persistent.

Same here for me, very frustrating missing DLL error.

Is it a 64 bit thing as I can run the latest on my 32 bit tablet?

Ignore that last bit, I tried Spriter_b10 on another 64 bit Windows 8.1 with no problems.

Strech keys when changing the length of the timeline doesn't work as expected sometimes.

For example every keys have the same duration. I imported them from the "import select images as new object".

Then I try to change the length of the timeline because I still can't change the length in the import frames popup (I'm block to 1000ms). And when I click on apply length, some key doesn't have the same duration.

please see gif attached.

post-16865-14159834259926_thumb.gif

post-16865-14159834260616_thumb.gif

Strech keys when changing the length of the timeline doesn't work as expected sometimes.

For example every keys have the same duration. I imported them from the "import select images as new object".

Then I try to change the length of the timeline because I still can't change the length in the import frames popup (I'm block to 1000ms).

I'm trying to reproduce this bug, but it's not happening. It's supposed to limit the end time to the length of the animation, but the animation length is not visible in your gif. Does this happen every time? EDIT: Do you mean that if you edit the length of the animation while the 'import selected images' dialog is already open this happens? That bug happens for me, and I'll fix it for the next version, but if I open it after making the change it works fine.

And when I click on apply length, some key doesn't have the same duration.

please see gif attached.

I can't reproduce this bug either. If it happens every time with that project, could you please send me the zipped project folder (lucid@brashmonkey.com). Having a project where it happens easily would most likely make it very easy/quick to fix.

EDIT: Nevermind. Had a hunch as to when this might happen, and I was right. This will be fixed for the next version as well. Thanks for the continuing bug reports everyone.

I've been having this issue for a while now, finally got around to posting about it here.

Occasionally, Spriter's interface will "fatten up." I've been referring to this as "Chubby mode." It's particularly a problem for the properties window, where you can no longer read the numbers. It's a little hard to describe so I've attached a couple screenshots to illustrate the situation.

post-17241-14159834265802_thumb.png

post-17241-14159834267459_thumb.png

I also get this bug:

"The program can't start because vcomp100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I have an Intel i5 processor and a fresh install of Windows 8.1.

I also performed the following:

- Uninstalled Spriter B10/Reinstalled B10

- Installed Visual C++ redistributable 2010

- Reinstalled B10 - still got error.

- Verified that vcomp100.dll is present in C:/windows/system32

I had this problem and fixed it by placing the dll file directly in the Spriter program folder.

Problem instantly went away.

EDIT: I have now discovered a bug myself.

Running Windows XP.

Holding down Right-Click on a selected bone brings up the anchor/inheritance menu, but I can't select any option, and spriter stops responding, until I hit CTRL-ALT-DELETE, then the window disappears and I can again use spriter.

I'm trying to reproduce this bug, but it's not happening. It's supposed to limit the end time to the length of the animation, but the animation length is not visible in your gif. Does this happen every time? EDIT: Do you mean that if you edit the length of the animation while the 'import selected images' dialog is already open this happens? That bug happens for me, and I'll fix it for the next version, but if I open it after making the change it works fine.

I think the end time on the import panel should'nt be restricted to the length of the animation. I think it should override the length of the animation if end time > length of animation.

EDIT: Nevermind. Had a hunch as to when this might happen, and I was right. This will be fixed for the next version as well. Thanks for the continuing bug reports everyone.

Thanks.

It should be probably better for everyone to have something like an issue tracker (for example by using github, you don't need to put code, just use the issue tracker), because I think it's hard to follow all the bug threads in a forum.

Am trying to resize few characters and most of the time works great,when i resize them to bigger size works fine, but in few of them when i try to downsize them,it resizes the sprites but not the skeleton and makes all the animation a big mess.

I just had to format my computer so I installed Windows 8.1 and none of the builds work on it. ;\

Already tried to install and reinstall, run on compatibility mode, place the missing DLLs in the program folder AND in system32. I'm getting an

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

I'm not sure where to go from here.

@Kent2d, or anyone having this issue, can you see if installing this particular version of the MSVC redistributable (there are multiple versions of this dll with the same name) fixes your issue. 64 bit Windows requires both the 32 and 64 bit versions.

32 bit Windows

64 bit Windows (requires both the 32 and 64 bit versions)

If that solves it, I will see what I can do about automating this for Windows 8.1 users in a future build.