Does Spriter work with Construct 2 PORTABLE?

miketv

I got this error when I dragged & dropped my .scml file in a C2 layout:

"A Spriter .scml file was dropped in to Construct 2, but the BrashMonkey Spriter plugin appears to be missing. Please ensure it is installed before importing .scml files."

It's installed, but it's not on the C drive.... it's on the flash drive where I have Construct2 installed. I followed the instructions precisely, & that's the only difference: instead of the plugins folder in C drive, it's in the plugins folder in H drive.

So does it work with PORTABLE C2? I planned to buy a license today, but incompatibility with portable C2 is a deal breaker.

thanks for feedback

Yep...those are the same instructions I followed precisely the 1st time (with the only difference being the one I already mentioned in the post). Same post, even.

Notice I'm asking about this working on a PORTABLE install....I'm well aware other C2 users are using Spriter. I haven't seen anyone using it on a PORTABLE install, & I haven't seen anyone having this problem I'm having, so I'm inclined to believe that's the conflict. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, & I'd like to know what works. Because following the instructions didn't.

Hi miketv,

Edgar is looking into it and will check with Ashley (C2's developer) to see if there's an issue that needs fixing on his end etc. In the meantime, the only think I can think of asking is have you successfully installed and used other third party plug-ins in C2 portable?

thanks for your patience. We'll get this resolved as quickly as we can.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey