Plugin for Unreal Engine 4

Gus

Absolutely, Gus, It's "on our radar".. but as you know we have to focus on finishing Spriter 1.0 first. Also, We'll need to find an experienced UE4 developer to hopefully collaborate with as well. This will all be much easier after the release of 1.0...and after Edgar has finished writing example implementation in C++ (which is the next priority after 1.0 is released)

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Absolutely, Gus, It's "on our radar".. but as you know we have to focus on finishing Spriter 1.0 first. Also, We'll need to find an experienced UE4 developer to hopefully collaborate with as well. This will all be much easier after the release of 1.0...and after Edgar has finished writing example implementation in C++ (which is the next priority after 1.0 is released)

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

Could you please provide an ETA for this? I think the documentation update is a must for working in projects like this.

C++ complete implementation for use as a reference would be indeed very useful too!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I am a proud spriter user for more than year and a half now. I have been waiting patiently for unreal support for quite some time  and to be honest i never understood why i saw no progress in that area. Since unreal went free and the fact that paper2d is improving by the day  a lot more people have started using it (and i am certain that one day soon it will surpass unity) so it would be a good idea if you guys communicated with them and helped them out regarding a scon importer.

The lead paper2d developer has created a WIP Scon importer yesterday and you can read the first official comment by him in the pape2d thread inside the unreal forums .

What are you waiting foooor (worst movie ever!lol)? Join us in the unreal forums and help us paper2d developers to finally drag and drop all of our spriter files in there!

• 1 month later...

@Roccinio that's really great news! Thanks for the update :)

I used Spriter for a while now but didn't have the chance to try UE4 yet until now, my computer was not good enough, but now it's big time and I can't wait to try Spriter animations in UE4 as soon as it will be possible :)
@BrashAdmin we're counting on you guys! :p

Karim

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I joined up with this forum purely to learn whether I could use Spriter with Unreal.  Spriter seems like a great bit of software for people like me who haven't done any animation before, but my animation needs are all Unreal projects.  Can anyone tell me what it's actually possible to create in Spriter and import to Unreal currently?  I see above that there is demand for full integration, but I'll be basing my decision to buy Spriter on what it can do for Unreal projects in the meantime.  Full integration totally gets my support though!