My Spriter works

ruberboy

Is this any better? I have been looking at the majority of animations done in other 2d softwares and except those which use deformation (which I would use if spriter supported it fully) everyone makes the animations without torso giration. The only way to do it more or less is to carefully draw and use pieces of the body, or pieces of cloth and squash and stretch it. I still have to make the torso a bit more 3/4 view and experiment.

Hoping to get skin in spriter soon. Cheers.

2qisl77.gif

Hey, how are handling the curves here?

If you ask about the linear interpolation, bezier, etc there is no curve use. I just designed some curved parts on the plant, and mirrored some... the rest is just scaling and tweaking the frames a bit. Its a bit old probably nowadays I would make it differently.

Added a bit of giration to the torso. As I dont use skin, I did it just using pieces, easier than I thought and as you can see the effect is pretty similar, not as perfect as skin deform.

For anatomy movements the best is to use a plain flat color piece for the shape of the body, and another transparent piece with the lines, so you move the line pieces and you get something similar to deformation. Of course for extreme movements and change of perspective you still need swapping.

Cheers.

m9ajbr.gif

worked a bit on the rpg child legs some more. Have to work the movement of torso (still not touched on that part) I want to make the armor move like it has weight. Of course, I havent painted a thing and I have to finish it so its got correct shadow, light and cleanness.

Im working on the ninja's clothes movements. Very, very difficult without skin, because cloth has very subtle movement and wrinkles... but lets see.

Being a perfectionist sucks, but it sucks more when you are unable. So Ill keep trying.

Cheers.

Dfcastelao:

Thanks. I have exactly now the animation as you say. the back is on the same angle, only the mass of the body is a bit inclined on each contact step because of the force implied in the running. edit. a bit less bumpy now.

The only thing left is making a bit of "turn" in the torso that I will do with the armor.

--------

This the last update... I will not touch it more for now in favour of doing some different things (im a bit burned). 

Another thing is, in spriter the animations look extremelly smooth but on the gif it doesnt. Probably im very bad doing gifs. Those are rendered at 33 fps.

walk:

jz8qhx.gif

run:

35i52mu.gif

• 7 months later...

Hi all again. Just to say I have been off 2d animation and drawing for some months. But im back into spriter :D

BTW, the linux version (pro) work flawlessly here (ubuntu desktop 14.04 lts). Zero problems.

Just passing by, I deleted all my previous work by error so now I will start fresh. :D cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Working on some characters I designed in Krita. Beat'm'up characters are fun and difficult.

This is the girly character, she fights with a comb(skipping rope). Still lots and lots to do... like redrawing, recolouring, etc.

I opt no to use skin because even if it works, because it does not hang but sometimes you cant copy a skin or it dissapears.  its not worth it for me at its current state. I hope skin is implemented properly soon (please its important) as a property of an sprite like switch on/off.

Anyway, here it is the character. Still lots to fix :D cheers. As it is WIP. thick line style, I may change :D I have the other character (A clown) the good thing is something very important I didnt know and that is you can clone an animation, resize bones and you can reuse it for another character. That is very cool.

pd. Everything will be done in ubuntu linux 14.04 desktop 64b from now on, spriter works sweet just unzipped in the home folder just like I like programs :D

2wcfc6r.gif

• 9 months later...

Long time no post. I've been experimenting with spriter. In the past I could not understand a lot of things but now with sometime I have learned a lot of how the program works.

This is an experiment with a head turn, trying to simulate deform only with pieces. Its just a simple test and only images no bones. I could have made the head turning still more, but in this case it would need more carefully placed pieces and frames and its just an experiment. I like the blobbiness of it. With more time, more is possible... the sky is the limit!

Cheers.

pd. added 12 fps version.

Thanks Mike. Actually It would need the full body to distinguish the position of the neck with relation to the body. now is like floating in air.

It needs back section, and front section to hide at profile.

I made some adjustments. I may add a body and finish it who knows :D Will update.

Changed a bit of things. Now the neck is on its place. Still pending to do something more complete but I have no time because Im working on a commercial 2d project at the moment (freelance, of course using spriter).

This is the last update on the head. The lack of detail and colors is because im still improving and I leave the details for the end.

The other animation is a simple "cloth" animation using swappable parts. It could be done better using many pieces  or even warping 3 pixels by frame in gimp (Iwarp deformation, liquify in pshop) but I like what I have so far, simple.

It looks like the FPS do not much with respect to gif size so I will leave it at full 18fps. All is wip if not mentioned otherwise... Cheers.

flaganim.gif

manghead01.gif