Cutscene question

joannesalfa

Hi joannesalfa,

The focus for the initial release of Spriter 1.0 is great features and workflow for creating individual animated characters, effects etc. to use in games... there are many great features planned for soon after the release of 1.0 which will make Spriter very capable of creating full scenes, controlling multiple animated objects at once.. but if you need to create such scenes now, then what jokderdeus said is correct.

It's dangerous to wait for new features in a program as there can be no guarantee how soon they will show up, and in the manner you need.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

Hi,

You should rather use a compositing/animation soft like AfterEffects or even Flash to make such cutscenes.

Spriter is not made for this but it is still possible to do it with it I think.

Thanks for your reply, well, sometimes create custcenes with video codec is a pain to me due to file size... and flash, well, I don't plan to use flash for many reasons, sorry.

But I'm glad for letting me know it's possible.

Hi joannesalfa,

The focus for the initial release of Spriter 1.0 is great features and workflow for creating individual animated characters, effects etc. to use in games... there are many great features planned for soon after the release of 1.0 which will make Spriter very capable of creating full scenes, controlling multiple animated objects at once.. but if you need to create such scenes now, then what jokderdeus said is correct.

It's dangerous to wait for new features in a program as there can be no guarantee how soon they will show up, and in the manner you need.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

Thanks admin, I believe I can wait until 1.0 comes out so no rush. I will learn how to use Spriter.

Thanks for your reply, well, sometimes create custcenes with video codec is a pain to me due to file size... and flash, well, I don't plan to use flash for many reasons, sorry.

So you mean that you want to do it in the game's engine? If your game engine is reasonably powerful, that's probably a very good idea, but I'd suggest making the individual animations separately in Spriter, and then put everything together in the game engine.