Exporting to Construct 2

DracoIgnem

Hi, I'm new with spriter and i've found it very handy in saving memory in the games.

However i've tried to export the scml and the scom files into construct with any animation but it doesn't seem to accept the animation names or the animation itself, and whenever i run the game it's blank.

I don't know if it's me skipping a step on spriter or a version on the programs, but any help would be great.

just FYI my construct version is 168 and my spriter version is b8_1.

Thank you.

Hi DracoIgnem,

Are you assuming it has something to do with your animation names or is it reporting an error regarding animation names? Do you simply mean no animations are showing up in C2 no matter what animation you tell it to play?

First, lets make sure you've seen these tutorials and follow them carefully:

http://www.scirra.com/tutorials/699/importing-and-controlling-spriter-animation-files

The most important points:

1) You MUST make sure to turn the three custom save options in the screenshot,

customfileoptions.jpg

2) You MUST save out your Spriter file as both a scon and an scml, with the same exact name, into the same Spriter project folder.

3) just drag in the scml file and C2 will import the scon as well automatically.

Please follow that video for the remaining steps.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

Please refresh your browser everyone and see that I've updated the post explaining the proper set up. You should indeed be able to have all three custom save options turned on, in fact its recommended.. The problem kohl was actually having was caused by him not having the most up to date version of the scml plug-in installed in construct2.

you can find the latest here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/257875422/temp/scml.rar

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Dear Mike,

(I expect the answer to this question is yes).

I had originally imported my Spriter Files into Construct 2 and when I tried to Export (plugin release 12/30/2014) my character was invisible on HTML 5 websites. 

Updated to the latest exporter ( plugin release 7/19/2015) and tried again with the same effect. 

Do I need to remove all the Spriter Logic and animations from my game and import again in order to get it to export? 

(using construct 2 (release 200) and Spriter 4.1 Pro)

Thanks Mike. Realize that I had forgotten the Mime-types mappings in my configuration after your post reminded me of this part of the manuhttps://www.scirra.com/manual/168/mime-types  

Might make sense to remind others of this (in your great article on using Spriter in Construct 2) since most of the mime types are mapped by default.  

Am hosting on AZUREwebsite (to save the $10 a month on dropbox pro) and just needed to added these two lines to my web.config file and it worked like a charm. 

<!-- start:configuration addition for Spriter  -->
      <staticContent>
        <mimeMap fileExtension=".scml" mimeType="text/xml" />
        <mimeMap fileExtension=".scon" mimeType="application/json" />
      </staticContent>
    <!-- end:configuration addition for Spriter  -->