Construct 2 error

Fighter620

For some reason each time I import my scml file to construct 2 then change the file to .scon which I have already saved in the same file location as scml with same name and then add every tick player set position to another object that already has platformer behavior. when I click run current layout it shows the box that has platformer behavior but it doesn't show the spriter object or any animations.... I do have the lastest construct 2 and spriter plugin

Hi Fighter620,

Did you follow the tutorial videos exactly?

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/827/re ... t2-project

Did you save out the scml and scon to the same folder (the main Spriter Project folder for your animations) from Spriter with both "custom save options"selected?

Did you see the scon automatically import into C2 the moment you dragged in the scml file?

Are you sure you're trying to set the position of the actual Spriter object, and not the group or any other spriter related "object" in C2?

Are you sure you're settign the animation and entity of the Spriter object to a valid name?

If this doesn't help, you can email me the capx and spriter project and I'll see if I can get it working for you. (mike@brashmonkey.com)

cheers,

Mike at BreashMonkey

Hi I manged to fix the error it gave me by changing the name of every bone.... but now when I resize it in construct 2 my animation looks off, parts move to much. At first I thought it was that i was try to resize it to much but then when i tried resizing the Player from the Platformer Pack it looked just fine. I know that I can resize the whole thing in Spriter but when I do that I lose a lot of image quality

link to capx: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1yms5ki2lkknc ... yBack.capx

link to Spriter file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/loaf1k6ki7c61 ... racter.zip if you don't extract it, the images won't show up

Thanks for the help

Hi Fighter620,

Could you explain more about renaming bones to fix the error. Obviously you should NOT have to rename bones for Spriter files to work. Can you explain the error and how it related to the bone names? This way Edgar can fix the bug.

I'll look into the other issue later today when I have the chance.

thanks,

Mike at BrashMonkey

Hi again,

The issue with things moving too much is simply because you have pixel-rounding turned on in your capx projects "Project settings".

Remember, Construct2 is recreating the animations by positioning and rotating C2 sprites to recreate the animations... if pixel rounding is off, that means C2 can NOT place the body part sprites exactly where Spriter wants them.

The only twop solutions I can think of at the moment are to either turn off pixel rounding, OR tweak your animation to only position parts in exact pixel coordinates instead of partial pixel coordinates (for example 1.24 etc)

There will eventually be a pixel art friendly mode in Spriter which will alow you to animate in Spriter with pixel rounding on, and with no image filtering...once that happens you'll be able to make animations in Spriter that will be perfectly reproducible in C2 with pixel rounding and linear flitering turned off. Unfortunately I can't say how soon this pixel art friendly mode will be implimented.

I hope this is useful information.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• 1 month later...