[Cancelled] Rabbit's Adventures

Valerien

This project has been cancelled back in April

screens1b.jpg

Pitch

Rabbit's Adventures (temporary name) is a platform/infiltration game built for tablets and desktop. It tells the story of a young rabbit whose daily life consists of relentlessly saving a princess, without ever getting a well-deserved kiss. Someday though, he discovers that the world he lives in was set-up, bound by carefully painted cardboard walls…

screens1a1.jpgscreens1a2.jpg

Current state of development

03/03 to 03/09 : This week, we implemented fluid realtime animations with the spriter plugin. I'm working on the UI and tutorial assets as well, as those are missing in order to release a quick demo of the game. Next up are the 12 levels of the game's second environment, and roughing out the level's ending animations.

More about the game

The game is developped and optimized for iphone5+, tablets and PC/mac/linux using Construct 2.

The development started during summer 2013. It was paused in order for us to focus on smaller projects, but also waiting for a couple of updates (tilemaps and spriter primarily). It started back mid February 2014.

The game was created by the Resonant Craft team. We develop html5 games for mobile and desktop platforms. 3 persons are participating to the project :

- Florian Dematraz (Nemega) : developpement

- Jonathan Lefèvre (Kazemushi) : sound design

- Nathan Lovato (Valerien) : art, music and design

Last words

Please don't hesitate to ask me anything about the development !

Thank you for reading,

Nathan

Thanks for the compliments !

I'm making a short update today, as I'd like to establish a weekly update cycle on Sundays. I worked on many fields this week, extended our initial planning to know what's needed in order to introduce the project to potential publishing partners. I'm also digging the possibilities offered by spriter, starting with animated UI and unlockable skins (if you want some tut showing how to setup your workflow to make UI animations with spriter, I'd be glad to share my process along the way).

Here's a glimpse of world 2, which contains 2 sub-environments - Underground mines/tunnels and some depots :

screens2a1.jpg

Cheers,

Nathan

Sunday update - 03/16/2014

This week has been busy doing all sorts of crap. Let's not waste too much time, here come some pictures :

- Reviewed character skins

screens2b2.jpg

- Level select menu

screens2b.jpg

This week, I'll be :

1- finishing the structure of world 2 levels

2- adding a fair dozen of anim

3- adding the princess and piggy earl, two key characters

4- finishing the first batch of tutorial/settings related assets (xbox, keyboard and touch buttons/action assets)

5- And even more !

See you soon !

Nathan

Hey everyone,

This week, well... I started like a rocket, working intensively for a couple days, only to hit a wall on Friday and finish it in a snarly mood. I principally did spriter-related stuff, quite a bit of animation in fact.

This is also an occasion to show you the core mechanic of the game : the mask. The player can use this one in order to hide himself from the most stupid guards. This game's levels and enigmas revolve quite a bit around that sort of things.

pimpinMaskAnimated%203a.gif

The load of tasks to accomplish felt truly heavy, so this week I'll take care of previous week's backlog.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...